Family flee Ringley house fire
11:42am Thursday 12th September 2013 in News
A FAMILY had to flee their home in the night after a dishwasher caught fire.
Two parents, a grandmother and five children got out of the house in Fold Road, Ringley, at 2.20am yesterday after a smoke alarm went off.
The father used a fire extinguisher on the dishwasher, the family waiting outside the house until firefighters arrived.
A fire service spokesman said crews disconnected the dishwasher and put it outside the house. The fire is believed to have been caused by a fault.
Comments are closed on this article.