Kitchen destroyed in Little Lever house fire
A KITCHEN was destroyed in a blaze in Little Lever.
Firefighters were called a pensioner’s ground floor flat in Dukes Avenue at about 11.30am on Saturday.
The flames broke out after the 74-year-old man left a pan of food unattended.
The man escaped without any injuries but was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital for precautionary checks.
Smoke alarms were fitted but not working at the time of the incident — prompting a warning from firefighters.
Tony McKenna, watch manager at Farnworth fire station, said: “We just want to re-emphasise the point about making sure you have smoke alarms fitted in your property and making sure they are working. This fire could have been much more serious.”
For information about free home safety checks, call 0800 555 815 or go to: manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice.
Comments are closed on this article.