A LORRY driver has been charged with killing a grandfather by careless driving.
Andrew Patton, aged 32, of Holyoake Road, Worsley, is alleged to have caused the death of Michael Stockton, a motorcyclist, by driving carelessly.
Mr Stockton suffered fatal injuries after the Honda motorbike he was riding was involved in a crash with an HGV tipper truck in Bradford Street, The Haulgh, on September 5 last year.
Mr Stockton, from St Helens, was described by his family as being a “loving husband, father and grandfather”.
He was on the way to work as a joiner when the crash happened.
He was said to have a lifelong interest in pigeons and was a successful breeder and racer.
Patton is due to appear at Bolton Magistrates Court today.
- Husband raises £30,000 by completing THREE Ironman triathlons
- Pupils celebrate Diwali as part of lessons
- Confusing diversion signs send pub customers on five-mile wild goose chase
- Girl power! Tag team Evie and Grace are Bolton's youngest female wrestlers
- Early Christmas present for shoppers as Bolton Council announces new free parking initiative