A LORRY driver has been charged with killing a grandfather by careless driving.
Andrew Patton, aged 32, of Holyoake Road, Worsley, is alleged to have caused the death of Michael Stockton, a motorcyclist, by driving carelessly.
Mr Stockton suffered fatal injuries after the Honda motorbike he was riding was involved in a crash with an HGV tipper truck in Bradford Street, The Haulgh, on September 5 last year.
Mr Stockton, from St Helens, was described by his family as being a “loving husband, father and grandfather”.
He was on the way to work as a joiner when the crash happened.
He was said to have a lifelong interest in pigeons and was a successful breeder and racer.
Patton is due to appear at Bolton Magistrates Court today.
- One of Bolton's most prolific criminals is caught after trying to leave bag of stolen goods with baffled neighbour
- Helen Flanagan confirms she is pregnant with first child
- Bolton Pound Bakery back in business after fire
- Street Angels delighted as their equipment is saved after nightclub fire
- Jingle tills: last minute shoppers boost business in Bolton