RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Ted Robbins stable in hospital after collapsing on stage in opening night of Phoenix Nights Live
- Call to reopen axed NHS walk-in centre in Bolton town centre
- Fly-tipper fined £1,350 - for dumping yards from entrance to rubbish tip
- 21-year-old woman burned after curtains catch fire on candle
- Can you guess who this Bolton teen will be impersonating when she appears on Stars in Their Eyes this weekend?