RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- CCTV: Shocking moment when man fires sawn-off shotgun at house in Bolton
- VIDEO: Camera captures moment Land Rover ploughs into parked car
- Six hotels in Bolton celebrate being Top Rated by accommodation booking website
- Two young girls rescued after injuring themselves while crossing stream
- In the dock: 7 people who have appeared in court in Bolton