RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Sawn-off shotgun found in Haslam Park last week was discovered by two schoolboys
- This isn't an April Fool... play classic arcade game Pac-Man on the streets of Bolton
- £33.2 million: The amount staked on "dangerously addictive" betting machines in Bolton
- Businessman fined after dumping rubbish including a toilet basin in a residential area
- Youngsters' cracking Easter egg designs