RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Post Officer worker suffers terrifying attack in armed raid
- Senior Labour councillor signs 'no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn' petition, says many others share his view
- Greater Manchester mayor hopeful Ivan Lewis calls on Jeremy Corbyn to step down as Labour leader faces shadow cabinet revolt
- UPDATED: Car crashes in to house after colliding with another car in St Helens Road
- 3 million people sign petition calling for a new EU referendum