RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Complaint after council boss filmed saying ‘Who ate all the pies?’ at public meeting
- Elderly woman overcome by gas fumes found collapsed at home
- Thug bit partner's face and pushed her head into toilet after complaining she'd woken him up
- PICTURES: Flippin’ fun for pupils cooking up pancakes
- Famous former pub will open as convenience store this week