RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Mum and son have three months to 'find' £113,000 stolen from Dunscar Conservative Club
- Hospital bosses apologise after elderly dementia patient's wedding ring is stolen from her finger
- Firefighters called after man heard shouting for help trapped on roof of Voodoo bar in Bolton town centre at 6am
- 'Overcrowding on Bolton trains will improve', says transport secretary
- 'More poor people should vote', says MP