RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- JAILED: Multiple sclerosis sufferer who stabbed estranged wife six times in Farnworth before turning knife on himself
- Metal 'toy store' shed stolen from toddlers' group
- Dozens of jobs saved as Little Lever dental lab bought out
- Man knocked off bike on way to work in Middlebrook Retail Park
- Teacher fights to ensure tragic friend's legacy lives on