RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Zoe Milton campaign raises incredible £50,000
- Plans for Great Lever housing development deferred following residents eco campaign
- Decision on future of former Green Bengal site in Bromley Cross deferred again
- Canon Slade schoolgirl wins Horse of the Year competition
- Tributes paid to "selfless" newsagent who died of mesothelioma