RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Family of former Bolton Wanderers youth player killed in terror attack say Government must "open its eyes"
- PICTURES: 40+ Rocking images from Boltfest 2017
- Readers' net success in game at The Macron
- APPEAL: Manchester bomber Salman Abedi pictured on night of attack
- REVEALED: Latest vision of £10 million theatre redevelopment