RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Building work on multi-million pound new faith school halted over playing fields row
- Plan to make extra 61,000 appointments at Bolton's 50 GP surgeries
- Christmas cheer as unemployment in Bolton continues to fall
- Princess of rock 'n' roll wins two awards in eight months
- New 24 hour vet service opens in Bolton