RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Probe as thug launches frenzied knife attack on girlfriend the day after he is released by police
- Man breaks foot jumping from first floor of Tonge Moor Road house
- Reservoir flood warning letters sent out - even though water levels are low
- 3,000 sign petition demanding Ofcom investigation into Helen Wood's Big Brother win
- Peter Kay to bring back hit comedy Phoenix Nights