Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Teenager raped in alleyway behind pub in Bolton town centre
- Young woman found dead in Rivington Reservoir named
- UPDATED: Pane of glass falls 10 feet onto shopper in main entrance of Harwood Morrisons
- Man injured in holiday horror accident on huge water slide
- Call for Horwich to leave Bolton... and become part of Chorley
Comments are closed on this article.