£7,000 cannabis farm found in Haulgh basement

£7,000 cannabis farm found in Haulgh basement

£7,000 cannabis farm found in Haulgh basement

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , crime reporter

CANNABIS plants with an estimated street value of £7,000 have been siezed in a drugs raid in The Haulgh.

Police raided a house in Bradford Street at 8am on Monday, where they found a cannabis farm in the basement.

No-one was in the house when police entered and nobody has been arrested.

Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.


MORE:


Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:34pm Tue 7 Jan 14

danellis says...

Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us!
Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us! danellis
  • Score: -15

7:12pm Tue 7 Jan 14

atlas123 says...

danellis wrote:
Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us!
Nonsense; causes all manor of mental health issues....

Not in everyone, but in lots of people!
[quote][p][bold]danellis[/bold] wrote: Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us![/p][/quote]Nonsense; causes all manor of mental health issues.... Not in everyone, but in lots of people! atlas123
  • Score: 15

8:21pm Tue 7 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

danellis wrote:
Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us!
AGREED!

It works in The Netherlands and as you say it is actually safer than alcohol!!!!
[quote][p][bold]danellis[/bold] wrote: Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us![/p][/quote]AGREED! It works in The Netherlands and as you say it is actually safer than alcohol!!!! BWFC71
  • Score: -15

8:30pm Tue 7 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

Why don't they just rename The Haulgh as New Holland? The police seem to finding a new cannabis farm on a weekly basis!
Why don't they just rename The Haulgh as New Holland? The police seem to finding a new cannabis farm on a weekly basis! BWFC71
  • Score: -30

9:20pm Tue 7 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

atlas123 wrote:
danellis wrote:
Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us!
Nonsense; causes all manor of mental health issues....

Not in everyone, but in lots of people!
well said
[quote][p][bold]atlas123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]danellis[/bold] wrote: Oh just legalise it already and do some good for the country, america and austraila have and its going well for them it might even get use out of debt instead of taking money from where its needed. If your allowd alcohol then why not cannabis its been proven its less harmfull to the human body and growing it is better for the earth and you can do so much with the plant, but hay when did the goverment ever think about what's good for us![/p][/quote]Nonsense; causes all manor of mental health issues.... Not in everyone, but in lots of people![/p][/quote]well said Dr Martin
  • Score: 15

9:42pm Tue 7 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

anyone who lives near he roundabout at the tavern on hunger hill junction, there is the remnants of a cannabis farm been dumped on the roundabout 2 months ago. ive been waiting to see how long it takes the police to clean it up and they havent, however i bet 1000 police cars have driven past it every day. Its not exactly hidden, you see dog walkers looking at it every morning
anyone who lives near he roundabout at the tavern on hunger hill junction, there is the remnants of a cannabis farm been dumped on the roundabout 2 months ago. ive been waiting to see how long it takes the police to clean it up and they havent, however i bet 1000 police cars have driven past it every day. Its not exactly hidden, you see dog walkers looking at it every morning getajob123
  • Score: 0

9:44pm Tue 7 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

getajob123 wrote:
anyone who lives near he roundabout at the tavern on hunger hill junction, there is the remnants of a cannabis farm been dumped on the roundabout 2 months ago. ive been waiting to see how long it takes the police to clean it up and they havent, however i bet 1000 police cars have driven past it every day. Its not exactly hidden, you see dog walkers looking at it every morning
the huge bag of soil labelled CANNA SOIL............. gives the game away ........ oh and the cannabis plants next to it.
[quote][p][bold]getajob123[/bold] wrote: anyone who lives near he roundabout at the tavern on hunger hill junction, there is the remnants of a cannabis farm been dumped on the roundabout 2 months ago. ive been waiting to see how long it takes the police to clean it up and they havent, however i bet 1000 police cars have driven past it every day. Its not exactly hidden, you see dog walkers looking at it every morning[/p][/quote]the huge bag of soil labelled CANNA SOIL............. gives the game away ........ oh and the cannabis plants next to it. getajob123
  • Score: -5

2:13am Wed 8 Jan 14

CVF420 says...

The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420 CVF420
  • Score: -10

2:14am Wed 8 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

hillarious


the police are clearing it up now................ is this honestly what it takes, is this the new standard of policing............
.. we have to point it out in the press ??????

seriously ????


wow

just wow
hillarious the police are clearing it up now................ is this honestly what it takes, is this the new standard of policing............ .. we have to point it out in the press ?????? seriously ???? wow just wow getajob123
  • Score: 0

2:17am Wed 8 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

getajob123 wrote:
hillarious


the police are clearing it up now................ is this honestly what it takes, is this the new standard of policing............

.. we have to point it out in the press ??????

seriously ????


wow

just wow
well done police, you cant be bothered to solve crime unless its pointed put in the press

yet you drive past it every day but cant be bothered to pull over to have a look

im guessing tax paying speeders are more easy pickings for the lazy pathetic stats driven force we now pay for

well done on the cannabis farm bust tho, it only took 2 months and a press article to make you respond

your getting quicker all the time
[quote][p][bold]getajob123[/bold] wrote: hillarious the police are clearing it up now................ is this honestly what it takes, is this the new standard of policing............ .. we have to point it out in the press ?????? seriously ???? wow just wow[/p][/quote]well done police, you cant be bothered to solve crime unless its pointed put in the press yet you drive past it every day but cant be bothered to pull over to have a look im guessing tax paying speeders are more easy pickings for the lazy pathetic stats driven force we now pay for well done on the cannabis farm bust tho, it only took 2 months and a press article to make you respond your getting quicker all the time getajob123
  • Score: 0

10:01am Wed 8 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

CVF420 wrote:
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?
[quote][p][bold]CVF420[/bold] wrote: The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420[/p][/quote]As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system? Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

10:38am Wed 8 Jan 14

Jim271 says...

All drugs are bad for you, alcohol, nicotine and cannabis.

Instead of these weak arguments demanding legalisation they should encourage people to live healthy lifestyles.

Drugs are for losers, you never see an old junkie do you.
All drugs are bad for you, alcohol, nicotine and cannabis. Instead of these weak arguments demanding legalisation they should encourage people to live healthy lifestyles. Drugs are for losers, you never see an old junkie do you. Jim271
  • Score: 20

11:15am Wed 8 Jan 14

lv8151 says...

Jim271 wrote:
All drugs are bad for you, alcohol, nicotine and cannabis.

Instead of these weak arguments demanding legalisation they should encourage people to live healthy lifestyles.

Drugs are for losers, you never see an old junkie do you.
you missed out caffeine , codeine ,paracetamol ,aspirin and thousands of others .... so to look at it this way you have took drugs (that makes you a loser)
[quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: All drugs are bad for you, alcohol, nicotine and cannabis. Instead of these weak arguments demanding legalisation they should encourage people to live healthy lifestyles. Drugs are for losers, you never see an old junkie do you.[/p][/quote]you missed out caffeine , codeine ,paracetamol ,aspirin and thousands of others .... so to look at it this way you have took drugs (that makes you a loser) lv8151
  • Score: -5

11:23am Wed 8 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

Dr Martin wrote:
CVF420 wrote:
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?
Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!!

Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CVF420[/bold] wrote: The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420[/p][/quote]As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?[/p][/quote]Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!! Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system? BWFC71
  • Score: -5

11:53am Wed 8 Jan 14

lv8151 says...

BWFC71 wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
CVF420 wrote:
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?
Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!!

Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?
you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments
[quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CVF420[/bold] wrote: The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420[/p][/quote]As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?[/p][/quote]Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!! Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?[/p][/quote]you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments lv8151
  • Score: -5

1:25pm Wed 8 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

lv8151 wrote:
BWFC71 wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
CVF420 wrote:
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?
Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!!

Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?
you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments
Never touched the stuff myself but have seen how these systems work in the countries I mentioned - and know for a fact they do work - although the Dutch have tightened the laws up slightly as the "coffee" shops cannot be so much distance away from schools!
[quote][p][bold]lv8151[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CVF420[/bold] wrote: The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420[/p][/quote]As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?[/p][/quote]Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!! Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?[/p][/quote]you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments[/p][/quote]Never touched the stuff myself but have seen how these systems work in the countries I mentioned - and know for a fact they do work - although the Dutch have tightened the laws up slightly as the "coffee" shops cannot be so much distance away from schools! BWFC71
  • Score: -5

3:00pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

lv8151 wrote:
BWFC71 wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
CVF420 wrote:
The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault.

Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF)
CVF Media Team
facebook.com/cvf420
As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?
Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!!

Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?
you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments
I believe our existing laws would work better than the two examples you have posted
In the first 5 countries you noted mostly have decriminalised/regul
ated cannabis only in certain areas, not sure I would agree that there is no trouble In Netherlands some cities seem to have trouble with drug tourists, and in what respect do you mean the system works?, do you think drug dealers of the Netherlands have simply given up selling illicit drugs?

Why would you want to ban caffeine paracetamol cocoa etc?, (Should have mentioned nicotine though) I cannot argue against the harms of alcohol anything that is as bad for your mental health as cannabis is and a bad drug as well as the physical harms on top of that, whilst alcohol and tobacco remain legal and regulated why adding a potentially dangerous psychoactive substance on the open market would be a good idea?
[quote][p][bold]lv8151[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CVF420[/bold] wrote: The sooner cannabis is legalised and regulated, the sooner this massive market can be taken out of the hands of black market criminals. The fact is, alcohol and tobacco are statistically much more dangerous than cannabis, yet every year tens of millions of taxpayer pounds are wasted fighting this pointless war against its users. Under a policy of legalisation and regulation, thousands of taxable jobs would be created, helping to massively boost our economy. It would also allow our police and court systems to focus much more greatly on real crime, such as murder and assault. Cannabis Volunteer Force (CVF) CVF Media Team facebook.com/cvf420[/p][/quote]As stoners keep telling me weed is easy to get hold of now, why would that change under a regulated system?[/p][/quote]Regulate it like it is in parts of Germany, Belgium, Austria, USA, Australia and the whole of the Netherlands - no trouble and no black-market and the system works!!!! Or shall we go the otherway and ban alcohol, caffeine, paracetemol, cocoa, etc etc etc due to the fact that they are just as easy to get in an unregulated system?[/p][/quote]you're so right BWFC71 ... the problem is that so many people are ignorant to the facts about cannabis and still believe all the reefer madness publicity and down and out lies put out by this and past governments[/p][/quote]I believe our existing laws would work better than the two examples you have posted In the first 5 countries you noted mostly have decriminalised/regul ated cannabis only in certain areas, not sure I would agree that there is no trouble In Netherlands some cities seem to have trouble with drug tourists, and in what respect do you mean the system works?, do you think drug dealers of the Netherlands have simply given up selling illicit drugs? Why would you want to ban caffeine paracetamol cocoa etc?, (Should have mentioned nicotine though) I cannot argue against the harms of alcohol anything that is as bad for your mental health as cannabis is and a bad drug as well as the physical harms on top of that, whilst alcohol and tobacco remain legal and regulated why adding a potentially dangerous psychoactive substance on the open market would be a good idea? Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

9:38pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

I would say it makes a change a actually have a debate about the harms of cannabis, my experience of Bolton / Blackburn cannabis stories is it become a racial issue more often than not
I would say it makes a change a actually have a debate about the harms of cannabis, my experience of Bolton / Blackburn cannabis stories is it become a racial issue more often than not Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

9:37am Fri 10 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

I was hoping for a bit more of a show from the pro pot alliance on this website...oh well never mind
I was hoping for a bit more of a show from the pro pot alliance on this website...oh well never mind Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

1:06pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Vote manipulation is all what the pro pot peeps can muster 24 hours after the story was published
Vote manipulation is all what the pro pot peeps can muster 24 hours after the story was published Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

10:47pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

So that's 3 or 4 attempts to manipulate the scoring and where has it got you?
So that's 3 or 4 attempts to manipulate the scoring and where has it got you? Dr Martin
  • Score: 10

7:09pm Sun 12 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

""Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"".

Albert Einstein
""Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"". Albert Einstein Dr Martin
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree