Horwich canteen destroyed by fire caused by overalls left near radiator

The Bolton News: Horwich canteen destroyed by fire caused by overalls left near radiator Horwich canteen destroyed by fire caused by overalls left near radiator

A CANTEEN was destroyed when a pair of overalls left next to a radiator caught fire in an industrial unit in Horwich.

Firefighters were called to the spray paint business in the Horwich Locomotives industrial estate at about 10.50pm on Tuesday.

Crews spent four hours dousing the flames but managed to prevent the fire spreading to the rest of the warehouse.

The fire is believed to have started when the flames from the scorched overalls spread to the paper used for spray painting.

No-one was injured but the canteen was destroyed.

Glyn McGann, watch manager for Horwich fire station, said: “The unit was heavily smoke-logged but we prevented the fire from spreading the other units — one of which contained five to six new industrial vehicles.

“The message is simple. Don’t leave clothes or anything flammable next to a heat source.”

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:18pm Thu 9 Jan 14

boydell says...

wasn't that handy............ right next door to the fire station !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wasn't that handy............ right next door to the fire station !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boydell

8:38am Fri 10 Jan 14

Jim271 says...

Its what's know as a Jewish stocktake.
Its what's know as a Jewish stocktake. Jim271

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree