A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Tributes paid to tragic teenager who died days before he was due to sit his exams
- One in three children in Bolton are not going to the dentist every year
- VIDEO: Popular Farnworth cafe hit by fire
- Popular town centre pub wrongly advertises 5-star food hygiene rating for more than two months
- Emma Davies slams 'horrifying' photos of football shirt woman