A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- PICTURES: Thousands head to Bolton for second day of Food and Drink Festival
- Masterchef star John Torode urges everone to come along to day 2 of the Bolton Food and Drink Festival
- FULL LIST: Westhoughton roads to be turned into 20mph zones
- Parents' plea to save children’s centres
- Transgender Tory Councillor reports Labour member for what she says were 'transphobic' remarks during council meeting