A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Police hunt for man after pub brawl
- Residents angry at stacks of bins left in road as huge rollout of slim bins gets going
- Vulnerable widow betrayed by friend's daughter who stole £2,000 from bank account
- Jeremy Corbyn supporters storm Bolton Council meeting
- CCTV footage captures masked burglars breaking into house