Dog on the run causes three-car motorway crash on M61
A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Man charged with murder after woman's body found in garden
- Warning as Bolton population predicted to hit 300,000 in 20 years
- Bolton 20mph speed limit plan delayed by cash shortage
- Teaching assistant named one of best school gardeners in country
- Bid to get Fred Dibnah's machinery steaming again
Comments are closed on this article.