A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Popular town centre pub wrongly advertises 5-star food hygiene rating for more than two months
- Petition to reinstate weekly collections as council defends controversial slimline bin move
- Tributes after death of much-loved baker and 'inspirational' hospice supporter
- RBS bank in Deane to close
- VIDEO: Barn owl reunited with its owner after flying into Bolton flat