Dog on the run causes three-car motorway crash on M61
A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Young woman found dead in Rivington Reservoir named
- Man injured in holiday horror accident on huge water slide
- Call for Horwich to leave Bolton... and become part of Chorley
- 'A modern day miracle' - 25,000 free picnic lunches for Bolton's poorest children
- Halliwell driver crashed car after taking it without permission
Comments are closed on this article.