Dog on the run causes three-car motorway crash on M61
A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Review of major metal theft crackdown after undercover police 'lured scrap dealer into breaking law'
- Hospital should have a taxi rank, say cab drivers
- UKIP bosses defend Little Lever councillor after his 'joke' about women making tea
- Councillor blasts town hall bosses as second vacant school building in 18 months is destroyed in fire
- Massive plan for 1,700 homes in Horwich will be decided at special meeting next month
Comments are closed on this article.