AN electrical fault in a boiler caused a house fire in Blackrod.

Firefighters were called to Harrison Crescent at about 4.30pm on Wednesday after the boiler started a fire in the garage.

No-one was in the house at the time and neighbours called 999.

As well as damage in the garage, the water, gas and electricity points in the house were damaged.

Mark Anderson, watch manager at Horwich fire station, said: “Please ensure that you maintain your electrical equipment and have working smoke alarms in your property.”