Refund hope for tenants after ‘bedroom tax’ loophole error

Sharon Smith outside her home

Sharon Smith outside her home

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

PEOPLE who have been hit by the controversial “bedroom tax” could be owed hundreds of pounds by the government because of a loophole in the charge.

The under-occupancy charge was introduced in April, 2013, and has seen tenants in social housing have money deducted from their housing benefit if they are in properties deemed too big for their needs.

But in January, the Department of Work and Pensions revealed a mistake in the way the legislation was drawn up meant those who are of a working age and have occupied the same home continuously since January 1, 1996, should have been exempt from the charged, dubbed the “bedroom tax”.

The DWP, which is expected to close the loophole in March, has instructed local councils to identify those affected and refund them the money which has been deducted since the charge was introduced.

Grandmother Sharon Smith is one of the people in Bolton who will receive a refund.

The 55-year-old has lived in a three-bedroom house in Exeter Avenue, Tonge Moor, for the past 26 years.

She said: “I was very happy to hear I will be getting my money back. I have given my forms in to Bolton Council, so I will have to wait and see.”

Ms Smith, who relies on disability benefits because she suffers with depression and anxiety, said she has paid £200 in under-occupancy charges on her Bolton at Home property, adding that she “couldn’t afford to pay any more”.

She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends.

“I have not been happy with the bedroom tax at all — I have been threatened with eviction from what I consider my home, where I have been for 26 years.”

The DWP confirmed the regulations would be “rectified” in March.

A spokesman said: "We expect very few people to be affected by this issue and we are working closely with councils so claimants are informed if it will affect them.

“From March and for those who continue to under-occupy, the reduction will be re-applied from this point. Housing Benefit claimants should therefore continue to consider how they will meet their rent shortfall if they live in property that is larger than they require.”

Bolton’s trade unions believe that rather than working to close the loophole, the government should abolish the policy.

Bernadette Gallagher, branch secretary of Bolton Unison said: "We simply cannot wait until the 2015 General Election to end the unfair and unworkable bedroom tax."

Bolton at Home, which owns and manages more than 18,000 houses in the borough, said it has not yet calculated a figure of how many residents may qualify for the loophole — but expects to have identified people within a couple of weeks.

A spokesman added: “We’ll write to everyone who we identify. In the meantime, we encourage our customers to phone us on 01204 328238 if their tenancy started before 1996 and they have received housing benefit without any breaks since this time.”

Comments (58)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:54am Sun 9 Feb 14

Janch1 says...

So the scroungers will get back money that they have never actually paid! After all is said and done it is money they claw from the tax payer that has paid for this bedroom tax. So Ms Smith, on disability benefits and many other work shy shirkers will be getting a nice little payout soon. Anxiety and depression stops people working does it? Doesn't seem to make them anxious when they go to the pub or on holiday though. These "disabilities" are a bit hard to prove really. Like the bad back and neck brigade who walk around with a walking stick that miraculously disappears at their convenience. They should reintroduce work houses and stick them all in there and make them work for their money instead of letting them idle around all day.
So the scroungers will get back money that they have never actually paid! After all is said and done it is money they claw from the tax payer that has paid for this bedroom tax. So Ms Smith, on disability benefits and many other work shy shirkers will be getting a nice little payout soon. Anxiety and depression stops people working does it? Doesn't seem to make them anxious when they go to the pub or on holiday though. These "disabilities" are a bit hard to prove really. Like the bad back and neck brigade who walk around with a walking stick that miraculously disappears at their convenience. They should reintroduce work houses and stick them all in there and make them work for their money instead of letting them idle around all day. Janch1
  • Score: -3

10:01am Sun 9 Feb 14

underwater says...

Think MS Smith means she will be getting OUR money back !. iF SHE IS LIVING ON BENEFITS IT IS US THE TAXPAYERS WHO ARE PAYING NOT HER. Agree with the comment above, these people should be made to earn the benefits they are getting.
Think MS Smith means she will be getting OUR money back !. iF SHE IS LIVING ON BENEFITS IT IS US THE TAXPAYERS WHO ARE PAYING NOT HER. Agree with the comment above, these people should be made to earn the benefits they are getting. underwater
  • Score: 5

10:33am Sun 9 Feb 14

atlas123 says...

When I was a kid I regularly stayed at my grandparents at the weekend. The state didn't provide me with a room though.... I slept on the camp bed in the lounge. Grannie never considered the taxpayer would give her another room for the couple of days i might need it.
When I was a kid I regularly stayed at my grandparents at the weekend. The state didn't provide me with a room though.... I slept on the camp bed in the lounge. Grannie never considered the taxpayer would give her another room for the couple of days i might need it. atlas123
  • Score: 42

11:01am Sun 9 Feb 14

Citizen Cane says...

These will be the same people who criticise tax avoidance which is based also on defective legislation. It's strange how taxpayers are raped for such taxes and selfish benefit claimants get a cheque in the post. I wonder who actually paid the refund?

No mention from Sharon Smith about how she reconciles keeping a spare bedroom subsidised by the taxpayer, whilst vulnerable large families have to live in inadequately small properties is there? No doubt her answer would be to get "them" to build more houses for the workshy. Why don't you ask her, BN?
These will be the same people who criticise tax avoidance which is based also on defective legislation. It's strange how taxpayers are raped for such taxes and selfish benefit claimants get a cheque in the post. I wonder who actually paid the refund? No mention from Sharon Smith about how she reconciles keeping a spare bedroom subsidised by the taxpayer, whilst vulnerable large families have to live in inadequately small properties is there? No doubt her answer would be to get "them" to build more houses for the workshy. Why don't you ask her, BN? Citizen Cane
  • Score: -16

11:10am Sun 9 Feb 14

pstuart says...

The Daily Mail readers are up early this morning.
The Daily Mail readers are up early this morning. pstuart
  • Score: 19

11:34am Sun 9 Feb 14

Citizen Cane says...

Why are tax loopholes vilified and benefits loopholes lauded?
Why are tax loopholes vilified and benefits loopholes lauded? Citizen Cane
  • Score: 17

12:03pm Sun 9 Feb 14

astra 99 says...

f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery. astra 99
  • Score: -2

1:12pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Lancashire always says...

I have never agreed with the bedroom tax but to live in a three bedroomed house ?Think someone's taking the * here ! there's poor unfortunate people flooding into the country that are living in parks you could get 20 in that house
I have never agreed with the bedroom tax but to live in a three bedroomed house ?Think someone's taking the * here ! there's poor unfortunate people flooding into the country that are living in parks you could get 20 in that house Lancashire always
  • Score: -11

1:54pm Sun 9 Feb 14

pstuart says...

Just what should we do with 'them'?
Just what should we do with 'them'? pstuart
  • Score: 1

2:12pm Sun 9 Feb 14

boltonnut says...

Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?
Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong? boltonnut
  • Score: 29

2:17pm Sun 9 Feb 14

George X says...

boltonnut wrote:
Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?
And you live in Australia where they don't have a bedroom tax..
[quote][p][bold]boltonnut[/bold] wrote: Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?[/p][/quote]And you live in Australia where they don't have a bedroom tax.. George X
  • Score: 9

2:18pm Sun 9 Feb 14

underwater says...

pstuart wrote:
Just what should we do with 'them'?
I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.
[quote][p][bold]pstuart[/bold] wrote: Just what should we do with 'them'?[/p][/quote]I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. underwater
  • Score: 2

2:48pm Sun 9 Feb 14

atlas123 says...

underwater wrote:
pstuart wrote:
Just what should we do with 'them'?
I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.
It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious.

Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point!
[quote][p][bold]underwater[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pstuart[/bold] wrote: Just what should we do with 'them'?[/p][/quote]I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.[/p][/quote]It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious. Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point! atlas123
  • Score: 9

3:00pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

Just another entitled sponger sucking on the teat of the taxpayer's saggy breast.
I'm sick to death of this debate. Why should taxpayers fund people with imaginary ailments, inflated sense of entitlement, and an almost pathological aversion to contributing to society? I'm all for providing a Welfare safety net, in fact I demand that we provide one funded by taxpayers, but when we get into a discussion about how many rooms then it is time to cut the cord.
I'd rather Welfare was stopped altogether than endure pictures of these worthless, hopeless cases.
Just another entitled sponger sucking on the teat of the taxpayer's saggy breast. I'm sick to death of this debate. Why should taxpayers fund people with imaginary ailments, inflated sense of entitlement, and an almost pathological aversion to contributing to society? I'm all for providing a Welfare safety net, in fact I demand that we provide one funded by taxpayers, but when we get into a discussion about how many rooms then it is time to cut the cord. I'd rather Welfare was stopped altogether than endure pictures of these worthless, hopeless cases. Reed Lover
  • Score: -15

3:05pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends."


I really can't get over this.
Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?
She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends." I really can't get over this. Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this? Reed Lover
  • Score: 9

3:09pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Hough64 says...

I see the same judgemental ar5ewipes have been busy spouting their mightier than thou crap again. One word....Karma!!!
I see the same judgemental ar5ewipes have been busy spouting their mightier than thou crap again. One word....Karma!!! Hough64
  • Score: -32

3:11pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

astra 99 wrote:
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
Nobody said they were.

Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.
[quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.[/p][/quote]Nobody said they were. Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat. Reed Lover
  • Score: -8

3:37pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Rivertin says...

These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha
rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves'
These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves' Rivertin
  • Score: 19

3:38pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Rivertin says...

These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha
rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves'
These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves' Rivertin
  • Score: 8

3:41pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

Rivertin wrote:
These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha

rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves'
Council houses were built as affordable housing for Working Class people. Many of the current occupants have neither work nor class.
[quote][p][bold]Rivertin[/bold] wrote: These homes were built by our fathers and theirs before them, both first second third generation immigrants and natives, so those who have fallen for the line that the people now living in them (ie the descendents of the people who actually put the hard labour in) are scroungers is beyond me. these homes, our homes(both private and social) have fallen into the hands of a few (landlords/banks/cha rities) we must have paid for these homes ten times over in rents (and mortgages) and got little in return, rents are a massive percentage of income and for what? an insurance company wouldn't get away with such an high premium for a few repairs now and again, so why call the rightful owners scroungers? why not call the minority who have controll of our homes and continue using them to extract profit from us, why not call them 'Thieves'[/p][/quote]Council houses were built as affordable housing for Working Class people. Many of the current occupants have neither work nor class. Reed Lover
  • Score: -38

4:34pm Sun 9 Feb 14

berushka says...

I, too, would b depressed an full of anxiety if I did'n't know if my benefit would arrive in time for the pub or bingo. The BN really does know how t boost a dodgy bit of news by finding the right people to illustrate the story; at least there is a large pool of such spongers to choose from.
I, too, would b depressed an full of anxiety if I did'n't know if my benefit would arrive in time for the pub or bingo. The BN really does know how t boost a dodgy bit of news by finding the right people to illustrate the story; at least there is a large pool of such spongers to choose from. berushka
  • Score: -8

6:08pm Sun 9 Feb 14

LOL1985 says...

This is hilarious... "Happy I will get MY money back" surely it was the tax payers money to begin with!!
This is hilarious... "Happy I will get MY money back" surely it was the tax payers money to begin with!! LOL1985
  • Score: 15

6:51pm Sun 9 Feb 14

mr.mark.c says...

Why bother with a refund if the loophole is being closed?
I would just credit their rent account , that way its paid up front for a good while.
Why bother with a refund if the loophole is being closed? I would just credit their rent account , that way its paid up front for a good while. mr.mark.c
  • Score: 9

10:12pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Citizen Cane says...

Hough is only capable of psychopathic hatred against the golden geese that lay the eggs that benefit scroungers steal.

Rivertin also wants to steal the social housing that belongs to the taxpayers

Some social housing housing tenants want to shove their grasping paws ever deeper into the taxpayers' pockets without giving anything back

It's a real shame that false claimants and a shed-load of ne'er-do-wells spoil the benefit system for the minority of genuine and deserving claimants
Hough is only capable of psychopathic hatred against the golden geese that lay the eggs that benefit scroungers steal. Rivertin also wants to steal the social housing that belongs to the taxpayers Some social housing housing tenants want to shove their grasping paws ever deeper into the taxpayers' pockets without giving anything back It's a real shame that false claimants and a shed-load of ne'er-do-wells spoil the benefit system for the minority of genuine and deserving claimants Citizen Cane
  • Score: -3

10:18pm Sun 9 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

George X wrote:
boltonnut wrote:
Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?
And you live in Australia where they don't have a bedroom tax..
bully for you
[quote][p][bold]George X[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boltonnut[/bold] wrote: Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?[/p][/quote]And you live in Australia where they don't have a bedroom tax..[/p][/quote]bully for you jack1jack
  • Score: -1

10:20pm Sun 9 Feb 14

John16588 says...

This is my mother when you have all finished slagging her off I was born into that house almost 26 years ago where she brought me and my three sisters up which was a squeeze and that is a home not a just a house my mum has other struggles besides what is written
This is my mother when you have all finished slagging her off I was born into that house almost 26 years ago where she brought me and my three sisters up which was a squeeze and that is a home not a just a house my mum has other struggles besides what is written John16588
  • Score: -5

10:28pm Sun 9 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

John16588 wrote:
This is my mother when you have all finished slagging her off I was born into that house almost 26 years ago where she brought me and my three sisters up which was a squeeze and that is a home not a just a house my mum has other struggles besides what is written
well said john xxx
[quote][p][bold]John16588[/bold] wrote: This is my mother when you have all finished slagging her off I was born into that house almost 26 years ago where she brought me and my three sisters up which was a squeeze and that is a home not a just a house my mum has other struggles besides what is written[/p][/quote]well said john xxx jack1jack
  • Score: -10

10:36pm Sun 9 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

underwater wrote:
Think MS Smith means she will be getting OUR money back !. iF SHE IS LIVING ON BENEFITS IT IS US THE TAXPAYERS WHO ARE PAYING NOT HER. Agree with the comment above, these people should be made to earn the benefits they are getting.
so all people with illness should be working,well lets just hope what goes around comes around , you never know one day you might be sick and in need of help ,lets just hope
[quote][p][bold]underwater[/bold] wrote: Think MS Smith means she will be getting OUR money back !. iF SHE IS LIVING ON BENEFITS IT IS US THE TAXPAYERS WHO ARE PAYING NOT HER. Agree with the comment above, these people should be made to earn the benefits they are getting.[/p][/quote]so all people with illness should be working,well lets just hope what goes around comes around , you never know one day you might be sick and in need of help ,lets just hope jack1jack
  • Score: 1

2:05am Mon 10 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

Reed Lover wrote:
She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends."


I really can't get over this.
Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?
actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is
[quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends." I really can't get over this. Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?[/p][/quote]actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is jack1jack
  • Score: -6

2:11am Mon 10 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

Lancashire always wrote:
I have never agreed with the bedroom tax but to live in a three bedroomed house ?Think someone's taking the * here ! there's poor unfortunate people flooding into the country that are living in parks you could get 20 in that house
poor unfortunate people that will claim every benefit going as soon as they can
[quote][p][bold]Lancashire always[/bold] wrote: I have never agreed with the bedroom tax but to live in a three bedroomed house ?Think someone's taking the * here ! there's poor unfortunate people flooding into the country that are living in parks you could get 20 in that house[/p][/quote]poor unfortunate people that will claim every benefit going as soon as they can jack1jack
  • Score: 0

2:15am Mon 10 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

atlas123 wrote:
underwater wrote:
pstuart wrote:
Just what should we do with 'them'?
I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.
It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious.

Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point!
if it was just depression ok but the bolton news only print what they want she has a lot more wrong with her than just depression she has a long standing illness which they forgot to mention too many people on here have a lot to say when they only got half the facts
[quote][p][bold]atlas123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]underwater[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pstuart[/bold] wrote: Just what should we do with 'them'?[/p][/quote]I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.[/p][/quote]It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious. Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point![/p][/quote]if it was just depression ok but the bolton news only print what they want she has a lot more wrong with her than just depression she has a long standing illness which they forgot to mention too many people on here have a lot to say when they only got half the facts jack1jack
  • Score: 1

6:13am Mon 10 Feb 14

longballs r us says...

boltonnut wrote:
Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?
You WORKED!!
[quote][p][bold]boltonnut[/bold] wrote: Bedroom tax doesn't affect me because my spouse and I WORKED hard to afford a house of our own.We don't want for anything because we WORKED for everything we have,we have great holidays because we WORKED,we have a great family because we WORKED and nourished them,we are enjoying our retirement years because we WORKED towards that aim.We don't have to scrounge,winge or rely on government hand outs or charity to live becaused we WORKED dam hard.Where did we go wrong?[/p][/quote]You WORKED!! longballs r us
  • Score: 4

8:35am Mon 10 Feb 14

soup153 says...

£1 in every £6 of government spending in 2012-13 was wasted. The value of savings could pay for a new kitchen for every household or a trip to the World Cup in Rio for every taxpayer. They need all the help they can, People should pay up
£1 in every £6 of government spending in 2012-13 was wasted. The value of savings could pay for a new kitchen for every household or a trip to the World Cup in Rio for every taxpayer. They need all the help they can, People should pay up soup153
  • Score: -1

8:56am Mon 10 Feb 14

Miltzy says...

Just to clarify EVERYONE pays tax. Maybe if those spouting venom on here were to turn their attention to the real problem something might get done. I don't hear much about tax avoidance or evasion, or do we not have a go at those people because they work? So it's ok to work and not pay HMRC millions of pounds, but you can't stay at home on benefits when your ill, retired or can't find a job?
Just to clarify EVERYONE pays tax. Maybe if those spouting venom on here were to turn their attention to the real problem something might get done. I don't hear much about tax avoidance or evasion, or do we not have a go at those people because they work? So it's ok to work and not pay HMRC millions of pounds, but you can't stay at home on benefits when your ill, retired or can't find a job? Miltzy
  • Score: 5

8:59am Mon 10 Feb 14

Gore Seer says...

My Friend John Who Is Single As Been Offered A Two Bedroom Flat In Farnworth With No Spare Room Charge?.
My Friend John Who Is Single As Been Offered A Two Bedroom Flat In Farnworth With No Spare Room Charge?. Gore Seer
  • Score: 4

9:59am Mon 10 Feb 14

Jim271 says...

Benefits are a safety net, not a hammock.
Benefits are a safety net, not a hammock. Jim271
  • Score: 3

10:14am Mon 10 Feb 14

MarkAllRead says...

jack1jack wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends."


I really can't get over this.
Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?
actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is
Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades?
[quote][p][bold]jack1jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends." I really can't get over this. Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?[/p][/quote]actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is[/p][/quote]Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades? MarkAllRead
  • Score: 7

10:45am Mon 10 Feb 14

jack1jack says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
jack1jack wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends."


I really can't get over this.
Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?
actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is
Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades?
she has worked part time in this time and i dont think its anything to do with you how many kids shes had,so she has paid taxes like everyone does ,lets just hope you never get ill and need help or any of your family looks like you need to get a life i feel sorry for people who have such a good life that they have to spend half of it slagging people off that are less fortunate than themselves, remember what goes around comes around,the sooner the better
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack1jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends." I really can't get over this. Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?[/p][/quote]actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is[/p][/quote]Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades?[/p][/quote]she has worked part time in this time and i dont think its anything to do with you how many kids shes had,so she has paid taxes like everyone does ,lets just hope you never get ill and need help or any of your family looks like you need to get a life i feel sorry for people who have such a good life that they have to spend half of it slagging people off that are less fortunate than themselves, remember what goes around comes around,the sooner the better jack1jack
  • Score: -2

10:55am Mon 10 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

jack1jack wrote:
atlas123 wrote:
underwater wrote:
pstuart wrote:
Just what should we do with 'them'?
I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.
It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious.

Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point!
if it was just depression ok but the bolton news only print what they want she has a lot more wrong with her than just depression she has a long standing illness which they forgot to mention too many people on here have a lot to say when they only got half the facts
Look, I understand why someone wouldn't want to lose their house but when someone else is footing the bill then unfortunately you have to accept the rules.
What is her family doing to support her? There are, presumably, four families with some sort of income, if her situation is so bad why don't you all chip in and pay the bedroom tax for her? £10 a week from each family isn't a lot to ask is it?
I mean you come on here defending her, why not do something real to show you care?
[quote][p][bold]jack1jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]atlas123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]underwater[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pstuart[/bold] wrote: Just what should we do with 'them'?[/p][/quote]I could answer your question, but the BEN would delete it . Never mind I will keep on paying my tax, while such as Ms Smith gets on with her depression and anxiety. You know if I was not so angry I might laugh at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.[/p][/quote]It is well known that the unemployed get depression and confidence issues, perhaps if she got out and got some work she wouldn't have time to be depressed, have more confidence and not have the time to be anxious. Just a few hours a week at a local shop would be a starting point![/p][/quote]if it was just depression ok but the bolton news only print what they want she has a lot more wrong with her than just depression she has a long standing illness which they forgot to mention too many people on here have a lot to say when they only got half the facts[/p][/quote]Look, I understand why someone wouldn't want to lose their house but when someone else is footing the bill then unfortunately you have to accept the rules. What is her family doing to support her? There are, presumably, four families with some sort of income, if her situation is so bad why don't you all chip in and pay the bedroom tax for her? £10 a week from each family isn't a lot to ask is it? I mean you come on here defending her, why not do something real to show you care? Reed Lover
  • Score: -28

11:13am Mon 10 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

----tumbleweed----
----tumbleweed---- Reed Lover
  • Score: -14

11:14am Mon 10 Feb 14

MarkAllRead says...

jack1jack wrote:
MarkAllRead wrote:
jack1jack wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends."


I really can't get over this.
Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?
actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is
Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades?
she has worked part time in this time and i dont think its anything to do with you how many kids shes had,so she has paid taxes like everyone does ,lets just hope you never get ill and need help or any of your family looks like you need to get a life i feel sorry for people who have such a good life that they have to spend half of it slagging people off that are less fortunate than themselves, remember what goes around comes around,the sooner the better
If she's been working part time, she's probably not earned enough to start paying taxes. There's a lower threshold of earnings before you start to pay tax.
[quote][p][bold]jack1jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack1jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: She said: “This is money I need to live — I currently live with my 15-year old granddaughter but I need the third bedroom because I regularly have my other grandkids to stay at weekends." I really can't get over this. Is this woman thick or just hard-faced? She's basically a single-occupant with a three bedroom house being paid for by every working person and taxpaying pensioner in Bolton. Why is the BN giving a platform to deadbeats like this?[/p][/quote]actually shes has been her grandaughters legal gaurdian for 12 years and brought 4 children of her own up, did they offer her a bigger house when she was over crowded NO so get your facts right,and crawl back under your rock,oh and by the way shes not thick, but looks like someone else is[/p][/quote]Why did she have four kids when she's got no money and has been living in taxpayer provided accommodation for what, three decades?[/p][/quote]she has worked part time in this time and i dont think its anything to do with you how many kids shes had,so she has paid taxes like everyone does ,lets just hope you never get ill and need help or any of your family looks like you need to get a life i feel sorry for people who have such a good life that they have to spend half of it slagging people off that are less fortunate than themselves, remember what goes around comes around,the sooner the better[/p][/quote]If she's been working part time, she's probably not earned enough to start paying taxes. There's a lower threshold of earnings before you start to pay tax. MarkAllRead
  • Score: -12

11:31am Mon 10 Feb 14

Miltzy says...

%of GDP spent on benefits 7%
Benefit fraud is a minuscule 0.00008% of GDP
From the top 5 OECD European economies The uk spends the least on benefits
Benefit fraud and welfare spending is not as big a problem as government and media like to imply
#brainwashed
%of GDP spent on benefits 7% Benefit fraud is a minuscule 0.00008% of GDP From the top 5 OECD European economies The uk spends the least on benefits Benefit fraud and welfare spending is not as big a problem as government and media like to imply #brainwashed Miltzy
  • Score: 2

11:44am Mon 10 Feb 14

MarkAllRead says...

So if the reason that this single woman needs a free three bedroomed house is to look after other people's kids, then Reed Lover has hit the nail on the head - the parents of these kids should be contributing to the cost of this house.
So if the reason that this single woman needs a free three bedroomed house is to look after other people's kids, then Reed Lover has hit the nail on the head - the parents of these kids should be contributing to the cost of this house. MarkAllRead
  • Score: 4

11:57am Mon 10 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

Notice how as soon as I ask what financial help this great family is providing their mother to stop her being evicted, the posts start to dwindle.
This is the problem with modern Britain. The Welfare State should provide a Safety Net, not, as someone so elegantly pointed out, a hammock. It's not a charter for indolence, opting-out of familial responsibilities or grabbing what you can for free. It's not a charter to allow people to exaggerate illness, disability or desperation to get a handout. First and foremost it is your responsibility to feed, clothe and house yourself. When did this great nation become a two tier society, one hardworking and responsible the other too ready to look for a handout, a leg up or a free ride?
Is this really the country that pulled together to basically out will the enemy in WW2?
Notice how as soon as I ask what financial help this great family is providing their mother to stop her being evicted, the posts start to dwindle. This is the problem with modern Britain. The Welfare State should provide a Safety Net, not, as someone so elegantly pointed out, a hammock. It's not a charter for indolence, opting-out of familial responsibilities or grabbing what you can for free. It's not a charter to allow people to exaggerate illness, disability or desperation to get a handout. First and foremost it is your responsibility to feed, clothe and house yourself. When did this great nation become a two tier society, one hardworking and responsible the other too ready to look for a handout, a leg up or a free ride? Is this really the country that pulled together to basically out will the enemy in WW2? Reed Lover
  • Score: -25

12:01pm Mon 10 Feb 14

MarkAllRead says...

All the people saying things like "what business is it of yours", "you're nosey", have to bear in mind that we're taxpayers and we don't like to see our money wasted. That's what business is it of ours. If you want to live in a house that is funded by other people, then you'll have to put up with these other people taking an interest. If you don't like it, get an education, get a proper job and pay for your own house.
All the people saying things like "what business is it of yours", "you're nosey", have to bear in mind that we're taxpayers and we don't like to see our money wasted. That's what business is it of ours. If you want to live in a house that is funded by other people, then you'll have to put up with these other people taking an interest. If you don't like it, get an education, get a proper job and pay for your own house. MarkAllRead
  • Score: 2

3:06pm Mon 10 Feb 14

astra 99 says...

Reed Lover wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
Nobody said they were.

Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.
prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.
[quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.[/p][/quote]Nobody said they were. Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.[/p][/quote]prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know. astra 99
  • Score: 4

5:18pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Reed Lover says...

astra 99 wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
Nobody said they were.

Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.
prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.
Prison ship you say? I used to run one once, put paid to a few like you!
[quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.[/p][/quote]Nobody said they were. Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.[/p][/quote]prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.[/p][/quote]Prison ship you say? I used to run one once, put paid to a few like you! Reed Lover
  • Score: -33

5:52pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Rivertin says...

I for one am very pleased for anyone getting any compensation for this, I mean these homes were ours,( just how much has been paid in rents over the years?)so to use them to extract taxes from people is a bit of a cheek, it would be like selling off OUR commodities such as Gas and the telephone company , stuff that was ours, and not giving us any compensation.
I for one am very pleased for anyone getting any compensation for this, I mean these homes were ours,( just how much has been paid in rents over the years?)so to use them to extract taxes from people is a bit of a cheek, it would be like selling off OUR commodities such as Gas and the telephone company , stuff that was ours, and not giving us any compensation. Rivertin
  • Score: -52

6:37pm Mon 10 Feb 14

JustBecause says...

It's about time scroungers and people who think the system owes them a living get a wake up call.

As for some comments on here, my five years old can speak and write better English.

The systems is fooked, I worked for 22 years paid I estimate 50k in tax and 30k in NI and when made redundant was entitled to NOTHiNG because stupid me actually saved for a rainy day......

Never again, fook the system it's not getting my money again.
It's about time scroungers and people who think the system owes them a living get a wake up call. As for some comments on here, my five years old can speak and write better English. The systems is fooked, I worked for 22 years paid I estimate 50k in tax and 30k in NI and when made redundant was entitled to NOTHiNG because stupid me actually saved for a rainy day...... Never again, fook the system it's not getting my money again. JustBecause
  • Score: -156

6:48pm Mon 10 Feb 14

astra 99 says...

Bolton Lad 85 wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
Nobody said they were.

Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.
prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.
Excellent English Astra 99. Is 99 the highest number you have ever counted to.
Why do you refuse to put a full stop, in your badly written nonsensical rants. Another poorly educated cretin.

Can you ask an adult to check your comments before you post again. Surprised you didnt just write on the screen in your crayons

Another waster no doubt!!!!!.
Tiocfaidh ár lá
[quote][p][bold]Bolton Lad 85[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.[/p][/quote]Nobody said they were. Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.[/p][/quote]prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.[/p][/quote]Excellent English Astra 99. Is 99 the highest number you have ever counted to. Why do you refuse to put a full stop, in your badly written nonsensical rants. Another poorly educated cretin. Can you ask an adult to check your comments before you post again. Surprised you didnt just write on the screen in your crayons Another waster no doubt!!!!!.[/p][/quote]Tiocfaidh ár lá astra 99
  • Score: -1

7:31pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Bolton Lad 85 says...

astra 99 wrote:
Bolton Lad 85 wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
Reed Lover wrote:
astra 99 wrote:
f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.
Nobody said they were.

Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.
prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.
Excellent English Astra 99. Is 99 the highest number you have ever counted to.
Why do you refuse to put a full stop, in your badly written nonsensical rants. Another poorly educated cretin.

Can you ask an adult to check your comments before you post again. Surprised you didnt just write on the screen in your crayons

Another waster no doubt!!!!!.
Tiocfaidh ár lá
Oh Astra 99 is more stupid than we thought. Republican slogan very adult, using the rhetoric of drug dealing terrorist toothless simpletons. Your day has come Ireland is bankruptbankrupt and you poorly educated lazy types have pushed the working and middle classes too far.
[quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bolton Lad 85[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]astra 99[/bold] wrote: f....n winging tax payers again finger pointing,changing the loophole to suit, change the banking laws of the real robbers.i,m sick of hearing i work and pay tax,well your turn will come when this government will screw you as well.naive to believe that the social security claimants are to blame for the recession/robbery.[/p][/quote]Nobody said they were. Maybe we should just bulldoze the hotbeds of entitlement that are Tonge Moor, Johnson Fold, Great Lever and Breightmet. Chuck them all on giant prison ships and set them afloat.[/p][/quote]prison ship eh,didn't the British do that to the Irish.nobody said they were,with comments scrubbers,all are tax payers money paying for this woman.who the f...do you think you are slagging a family of you don't know.[/p][/quote]Excellent English Astra 99. Is 99 the highest number you have ever counted to. Why do you refuse to put a full stop, in your badly written nonsensical rants. Another poorly educated cretin. Can you ask an adult to check your comments before you post again. Surprised you didnt just write on the screen in your crayons Another waster no doubt!!!!!.[/p][/quote]Tiocfaidh ár lá[/p][/quote]Oh Astra 99 is more stupid than we thought. Republican slogan very adult, using the rhetoric of drug dealing terrorist toothless simpletons. Your day has come Ireland is bankruptbankrupt and you poorly educated lazy types have pushed the working and middle classes too far. Bolton Lad 85
  • Score: 2

8:20pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Janch1 says...

soup153 wrote:
£1 in every £6 of government spending in 2012-13 was wasted. The value of savings could pay for a new kitchen for every household or a trip to the World Cup in Rio for every taxpayer. They need all the help they can, People should pay up
Deluded soul.
[quote][p][bold]soup153[/bold] wrote: £1 in every £6 of government spending in 2012-13 was wasted. The value of savings could pay for a new kitchen for every household or a trip to the World Cup in Rio for every taxpayer. They need all the help they can, People should pay up[/p][/quote]Deluded soul. Janch1
  • Score: -20

1:56am Tue 11 Feb 14

Mary Faithfull says...

Missammy...it must have been věry hurtfull to hear all those rudé comments about your family.....These tax payers have certainly worked VERY hard ať their slander ....causing them to be FURTHER mentally disabled as a human being.....Have pity on them...their HARD work seems to be turning them into a lower species......All of you self righteous,ignorant,v
ulgar& dishonourable critics......Find out what it MEANS to be HUMAN!
Missammy...it must have been věry hurtfull to hear all those rudé comments about your family.....These tax payers have certainly worked VERY hard ať their slander ....causing them to be FURTHER mentally disabled as a human being.....Have pity on them...their HARD work seems to be turning them into a lower species......All of you self righteous,ignorant,v ulgar& dishonourable critics......Find out what it MEANS to be HUMAN! Mary Faithfull
  • Score: -3

9:05am Tue 11 Feb 14

Miltzy says...

I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.
I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous. Miltzy
  • Score: -15

10:00am Tue 11 Feb 14

eatmytruth says...

Miltzy wrote:
I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.
What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock.
[quote][p][bold]Miltzy[/bold] wrote: I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.[/p][/quote]What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock. eatmytruth
  • Score: 6

10:00am Tue 11 Feb 14

eatmytruth says...

Miltzy wrote:
I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.
What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock.
[quote][p][bold]Miltzy[/bold] wrote: I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.[/p][/quote]What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock. eatmytruth
  • Score: 7

12:11pm Tue 11 Feb 14

Rivertin says...

A few side points also regards this tax which I don't think have been answered.

The shortfalls from people who do not pay, how will this money be collected? will it be added to the bills of payers via rent increases for example? If so this should be challenged , the landlords should be made to pursue the debts through the courts like the rest of us have to, I mean could you imagine someone owing you money, then automatically getting a pay rise to fund it? no if you want the money back you have to take the debtor to court.

Another option for the lanlords is to sell these debts to debt collecting companies at a fraction of the cost, so squanderin taxpayers money for the benefit of the profit of a few. In fact it would seem giving all the debts to a private concern for a very small amount, so taxpayers are not going to win either way.
A few side points also regards this tax which I don't think have been answered. The shortfalls from people who do not pay, how will this money be collected? will it be added to the bills of payers via rent increases for example? If so this should be challenged , the landlords should be made to pursue the debts through the courts like the rest of us have to, I mean could you imagine someone owing you money, then automatically getting a pay rise to fund it? no if you want the money back you have to take the debtor to court. Another option for the lanlords is to sell these debts to debt collecting companies at a fraction of the cost, so squanderin taxpayers money for the benefit of the profit of a few. In fact it would seem giving all the debts to a private concern for a very small amount, so taxpayers are not going to win either way. Rivertin
  • Score: -14

12:18pm Tue 11 Feb 14

Miltzy says...

eatmytruth wrote:
Miltzy wrote:
I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.
What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock.
It is not up to you to be judge and jury. What about the royals, the biggest benefit scroungers on earth? I'd swap with them any day. Like I said, envy, jealousy? If you could live a life of luxury on benefits, do it!
[quote][p][bold]eatmytruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miltzy[/bold] wrote: I see a lot of people posting how hard they work to pay their taxes. Working every hour they can. Very very angry at people on benefits who live in social housing. So so angry it can only mean one thing.......envy! You must be so jealous otherwise why would it affect you so badly? If you don't want to pay tax, don't work, simple. Then see if you can manage on £71 a week and pay bedroom tax. Swap places, you seem to think they lead lifestyles like the rich and famous.[/p][/quote]What most of the comments are saying is that she had a family who apparently work and earn a living. Instead of asking them for a tenner a week she expects out as if she is obliged to it from the taxpayers purse. Her family come on to the comment section giving it all that and when asked if they contribute to help their mothers situation, they laugh and joke. So yes this woman may be entitled to benefits because of a loophole in the paper work but she is no better than the tax evaders she probably despises. And her situation is a product of her own actions ie. Bringing up a bunch of vile, foul mouthed scroungers who are so accustomed to the benefit live that they feel it's their moral entitlement. So instead of feeling sympathy for her and celebrating her legal win over a loop hole, I think she is a system abuser. As somebody said before, it should be a safety net not a hammock.[/p][/quote]It is not up to you to be judge and jury. What about the royals, the biggest benefit scroungers on earth? I'd swap with them any day. Like I said, envy, jealousy? If you could live a life of luxury on benefits, do it! Miltzy
  • Score: -14

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree