RAIN and gales were back with a vengeance yesterday as this picture of a woman battling against the elements in Blackhorse Street shows.
Last night’s unsettled conditions look set to stay this weekend with heavy bursts of rain forecast and low temperatures dropping between 5-6c throughout today.
But the wind will ease off slightly tomorrow with sunny spells and isolated wintry showers. Temperatures will rise slightly at midday to 7c.
- Kidnap victim's wife issues heart wrenching plea to Islamic State militants
- Jimi Goodwin shines at Ramsbottom Festival as British Sea Power fall flat
- Riding horses is 'like therapy' for disabled youngsters
- Three clubbers rushed to hospital
- Builders save fellow workers life