A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- UPDATED: Cyclist dies in crash with motorbike
- UPDATED: Woman talked down by police after threatening to jump from M61 motorway bridge
- Suspected arson attack at Holland garden centre in Bromley Cross
- Brave 16-year-old girl saves family in meat cleaver and machete attack
- Toddlers evacuated from nursery after fuse box bursts into flames