A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Police sniff out £150,000 cannabis farm in Halliwell
- Strangeways riots: Former Bolton Evening News photographer recalls the siege 25 years on
- Police officers in hospital handout after Easter Egg hunt
- A&E improvements made at Royal Bolton Hospital to plan for busy Easter weekend
- E-fit of suspect released after teenager stabbed in 'unprovoked' attack