A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Warning after blaze rips through bedroom
- Slim Bins: Council urges householders to convert big grey bins into 'water butts'
- Mum's search for mystery marathon man who brightened up son's life before he died, aged 11
- Bolton Pride organisers plan parade through town — but need £3,000 to make it happen
- Former mayor claims he cleared his dad's account to avoid care fees