TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- Chewing gum man fined £600 after litter patrol officer saw him spit it out onto pavement
- Smoking 'should be banned in play areas' say council chiefs
- Robber threatens betting shop staff with gun
- Super-mum set to run five Rivvy Pike marathons in five days
- 'Quid-a-kid' scheme helping disadvantaged youngsters get involved in sport