TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- LIVE: David Cameron and Ed Miliband interviews and Question Time in Bolton
- UPDATED: Teenager attacked after leaving birthday party in Farnworth
- University of Bolton staff 'sacked' over claims they leaked information to the press
- CLEARED: Jury takes just 38 minutes to find bus driver not guilty of causing death by careless driving
- Snow falls in Bolton - at the end of March