E-cigarette charger could have started blaze

E-cigarette charger could have started blaze

E-cigarette charger could have started blaze

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , education reporter

FIREFIGHTERS are examining an electronic-cigarette charger as part of their investigations into a kitchen blaze.

Crews were called to a house on Meadow Walk, Farnworth, just before 6am.

The fire was out on arrival and caused minimal damage.

The occupier was awoken by the sound of the smoke alarm.

He suffered slight effects of smoke but declined hospital treatment.

Firefighters were on the scene for 20 minutes and a spokesman said the charger would form part of the investigation into the cause.

This week the Fire Brigade highlighted concerns over the safety of e-cigarettes, following a fire in East London, which investigators believed was caused by an incompatible charger.

Crews rescued a woman suffering smoke inhalation and shock.

This led London Fire Brigade urging people not to leave items e-cigaretters on charger over night or when they are sleeping and for retailers to ensure they are selling the correct chargers for the cigarettes.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:15pm Fri 18 Apr 14

boltonnut says...

I thought E-fags weren't dangerous to your health??????
I thought E-fags weren't dangerous to your health?????? boltonnut
  • Score: -5

2:35pm Sat 19 Apr 14

cosmicma says...

the e cig charger will form part of their investigation just like the toaster , kettle and any other appliance likely to cause an electrical fire and the fire reported in london was believed to be caused by an incompatible charger so not an e cig charger that was made to charge the e cig then

the headline should include all the other electrical appliances in the kitchen that could have started a fire
the e cig charger will form part of their investigation just like the toaster , kettle and any other appliance likely to cause an electrical fire and the fire reported in london was believed to be caused by an incompatible charger so not an e cig charger that was made to charge the e cig then the headline should include all the other electrical appliances in the kitchen that could have started a fire cosmicma
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree