A CAR has crashed into a house in Farnworth.
A red Lexus ploughed through the front garden of a property in Harper Green Road before hitting the house itself at about 7pm tonight.
Three people were in the garden at the time of the incident, with another two inside the house, but nobody was hurt.
The driver of the car fled the scene and is now being hunted by police.
A 74-year-old woman was treated for shock at the scene, according to the fire service.
The house has been left uninhabitable after the front elevation and side gable were damaged.
Fire crews from Farnworth and Leigh attended after hearing reports of a collapsed structure.
The police removed the car after an assessment concluded that taking it out of the house would not affect the stability.
A building inspector has visited the street and concluded that the house is safe and not at risk of falling down.
Fire station watch manager Tony McKenna said: "This could easily have been a very serious incident.
"Fortunately nobody was hurt but an elderly lady was treated for shock at the scene.
"Fire crews will be in the locality in the next few days offering home safety checks to reassure the community."
- Can you guess who this Bolton teen will be impersonating when she appears on Stars in Their Eyes this weekend?
- WANTED: E-fit of man who sexually assaulted 14-year-old girl in Leverhulme Park
- Pensioner admits stealing £130,000 from Conservative club
- Parents blast school and council for not telling them about paedophile caretaker
- 3 arrested as drugs, guns and cash seized in farm raid
Police confirmed that they are investigating the matter and appealed for any witnesses to come forward.