FIREFIGHTERS tackled a bin blaze at a derelict building in Bolton in the early hours of the morning.
A crew from Bolton Central attended Gas Street, Bolton at 12.15am today.
Some wood had been put in a steel bin outside and set on fire.
Watch manager Craig Lunt said it looked as if too much wood had been stacked in the bin, allowing the fire to get out of control.
The bin had then fallen over, allowing the fire to spread.
Mr Lunt said: “It was not done deliberately, and it looks as though someone was there, trying to stay warm, and it’s got out of control.
“There were signs that someone is staying inside and using the building for refuge.”
There was no damage to the building and nobody was hurt.