Residents evacuated after flat fire
Updated 7:01am Thursday 19th June 2014 in News
RESIDENTS in a block of flats were evacuated after a fire tore through one of the flats.
Firefighters were called to the flats in Columbia Road at about 6.30pm after the blaze started in one of the single studio flats when a pan of food was left on the cooker.
All the residents in the block of ten flats evacuated the building and no one is thought to have been injured.
Fire crews used hose reels to put out what was quite a serious fire, but the flat has been left badly damaged.
Comments are closed on this article.