Bolton fans dejected as Suarez sinks England

The Bolton News: Bolton fans dejected as Suarez sinks England Bolton fans dejected as Suarez sinks England

BOLTON'S faithful England fans were put through the wringer again as Luis Suarez struck twice to leave England facing a tough task to qualify for the World Cup's knock-out round.

The Bolton News watched England take on Uruguay in a crucial match alongside hordes of expectant supporters in the Elephant and Castle pub in the town centre.

There was a carnival atmosphere in the pub before kick-off, with scores of red and white-clad fans packing into the venue, singing and enjoying a nerve-calming pint or two.

And the mood was one of optimism, with most fans thinking the England team could build on a promising display in their opening defeat to Italy.

The mood was tense in the opening stages, with little to separate the two teams on the pitch.

Wayne Rooney twice went close, leaving most in the pub with their hands on their heads.

The lively atmosphere was silenced, however, when Liverpool striker Suarez headed in for Uruguay, five minutes before half-time.

But the pub's roof was almost lifted off when, with 15 minutes left, Glen Johnson's pass found Rooney in the box, who tapped in.

Cue wild celebrations from the Bolton faithful.

The elation, of course, was not to last long, as Suarez won it for Uruguay with five minutes remaining.

Fan Kyle Oakes, aged 23, summed up the mood: "The support, as ever, was fantastic, but we are what we are.

"People always over-hype England's chances, but tonight was the best team Hodgson could have picked and we came up short.

"Every team we play just seems to be able to get the better of us."

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:51pm Thu 19 Jun 14

Loose Talk says...

They all struggled to put any passes together. Lack of technical ability, a lack of passion ( Watch them when the National Anthems are being played), inability to cope with pressure? It needs a total change in the attitiude towards our national team from the FA down, before we become the laughing stock of the world.
They all struggled to put any passes together. Lack of technical ability, a lack of passion ( Watch them when the National Anthems are being played), inability to cope with pressure? It needs a total change in the attitiude towards our national team from the FA down, before we become the laughing stock of the world. Loose Talk
  • Score: 12

7:46am Fri 20 Jun 14

waynagain says...

The FA are the problem. They are still living in the 1950's and take every opportunity to prove that they know 'sweet FA' about today's game. Latest excuse I heard tonight is that England have too many players who come from a 'working class' background. They have had 4 years to get a team organised for this competition and this is the best they can come up with?
Michael Ballack was asked which England players would be good enough to play in the current Germany team - he said 'none'.
The FA are the problem. They are still living in the 1950's and take every opportunity to prove that they know 'sweet FA' about today's game. Latest excuse I heard tonight is that England have too many players who come from a 'working class' background. They have had 4 years to get a team organised for this competition and this is the best they can come up with? Michael Ballack was asked which England players would be good enough to play in the current Germany team - he said 'none'. waynagain
  • Score: 11

8:31am Fri 20 Jun 14

Chrome1 says...

The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit. Chrome1
  • Score: -19

8:32am Fri 20 Jun 14

Chrome1 says...

*Overrated (sorry)
*Overrated (sorry) Chrome1
  • Score: -4

8:51am Fri 20 Jun 14

NOTnewsworthy says...

Chrome1 wrote:
The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTnewsworthy
  • Score: 9

9:00am Fri 20 Jun 14

Chrome1 says...

NOTnewsworthy wrote:
Chrome1 wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, where are the Asian players then? They make up 8% of the UK population but somewhat missing from all the leagues. I know hundreds of players denied the opportunity because they don't subscribe to the brash loutishness of the traditional English footballer. The FA just wants idiots who drink and engage in crude off-pitch behaviour. They are happy to beat their chest about how good the EPL is when in fact it's foreign players who make it so good. It's a bit like Bolton as a town. Happy with mediocrity but ultimately rubbish. It's an English disease. Even look at the reporters for this paper; a pool of talentless no-hopers.
[quote][p][bold]NOTnewsworthy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Oh yeah, where are the Asian players then? They make up 8% of the UK population but somewhat missing from all the leagues. I know hundreds of players denied the opportunity because they don't subscribe to the brash loutishness of the traditional English footballer. The FA just wants idiots who drink and engage in crude off-pitch behaviour. They are happy to beat their chest about how good the EPL is when in fact it's foreign players who make it so good. It's a bit like Bolton as a town. Happy with mediocrity but ultimately rubbish. It's an English disease. Even look at the reporters for this paper; a pool of talentless no-hopers. Chrome1
  • Score: -18

9:20am Fri 20 Jun 14

Comment777 says...

waynagain wrote:
The FA are the problem. They are still living in the 1950's and take every opportunity to prove that they know 'sweet FA' about today's game. Latest excuse I heard tonight is that England have too many players who come from a 'working class' background. They have had 4 years to get a team organised for this competition and this is the best they can come up with?
Michael Ballack was asked which England players would be good enough to play in the current Germany team - he said 'none'.
Cleaning German boots may be the standard the England players should be aiming for.
[quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: The FA are the problem. They are still living in the 1950's and take every opportunity to prove that they know 'sweet FA' about today's game. Latest excuse I heard tonight is that England have too many players who come from a 'working class' background. They have had 4 years to get a team organised for this competition and this is the best they can come up with? Michael Ballack was asked which England players would be good enough to play in the current Germany team - he said 'none'.[/p][/quote]Cleaning German boots may be the standard the England players should be aiming for. Comment777
  • Score: 4

9:23am Fri 20 Jun 14

Comment777 says...

Chrome1 wrote:
The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
Excellent header by Gerrard. Timing and direction perfect for Suarez to score from an unstoppable kick ...
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]Excellent header by Gerrard. Timing and direction perfect for Suarez to score from an unstoppable kick ... Comment777
  • Score: 6

9:40am Fri 20 Jun 14

MrUpton says...

Chrome1 wrote:
The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
"The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background"

REALLY??????????????
?

Utter Trash again -

Sturridge,Barnes,Wri
ght, etc etc etc the mighty Okocha !!!! - Yep sero opportunity you say ???? Yet I understand that more than 30% of the league is made up of people of African descent and over 71 different nationalities playing in the Premier League - Talk about skewed theories.

HERE if you want some real statistics try this :

On 30 June 2009 just under 27% of the prison population, 22,292 prisoners, was from a minority ethnic group. This is the same proportion as in the previous year (2008), but represents an increase on that recorded for 2005 (25%). This compares to one in 11 of the general population.

Yet there is 7.5 % population of ethnic minorities in the UK

Can you image 27% of the British people committing crime were imprisoned there'd be at least 15 million people in prison.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]"The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background" REALLY?????????????? ? Utter Trash again - Sturridge,Barnes,Wri ght, etc etc etc the mighty Okocha !!!! - Yep sero opportunity you say ???? Yet I understand that more than 30% of the league is made up of people of African descent and over 71 different nationalities playing in the Premier League - Talk about skewed theories. HERE if you want some real statistics try this : On 30 June 2009 just under 27% of the prison population, 22,292 prisoners, was from a minority ethnic group. This is the same proportion as in the previous year (2008), but represents an increase on that recorded for 2005 (25%). This compares to one in 11 of the general population. Yet there is 7.5 % population of ethnic minorities in the UK Can you image 27% of the British people committing crime were imprisoned there'd be at least 15 million people in prison.!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MrUpton
  • Score: 4

10:02am Fri 20 Jun 14

Chrome1 says...

MrUpton wrote:
Chrome1 wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
"The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background" REALLY?????????????? ? Utter Trash again - Sturridge,Barnes,Wri ght, etc etc etc the mighty Okocha !!!! - Yep sero opportunity you say ???? Yet I understand that more than 30% of the league is made up of people of African descent and over 71 different nationalities playing in the Premier League - Talk about skewed theories. HERE if you want some real statistics try this : On 30 June 2009 just under 27% of the prison population, 22,292 prisoners, was from a minority ethnic group. This is the same proportion as in the previous year (2008), but represents an increase on that recorded for 2005 (25%). This compares to one in 11 of the general population. Yet there is 7.5 % population of ethnic minorities in the UK Can you image 27% of the British people committing crime were imprisoned there'd be at least 15 million people in prison.!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, there is no-way to verify your statistics. Secondly you don't make any sense at all. You're not a reporter for this paper by any chance are you?
[quote][p][bold]MrUpton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]"The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background" REALLY?????????????? ? Utter Trash again - Sturridge,Barnes,Wri ght, etc etc etc the mighty Okocha !!!! - Yep sero opportunity you say ???? Yet I understand that more than 30% of the league is made up of people of African descent and over 71 different nationalities playing in the Premier League - Talk about skewed theories. HERE if you want some real statistics try this : On 30 June 2009 just under 27% of the prison population, 22,292 prisoners, was from a minority ethnic group. This is the same proportion as in the previous year (2008), but represents an increase on that recorded for 2005 (25%). This compares to one in 11 of the general population. Yet there is 7.5 % population of ethnic minorities in the UK Can you image 27% of the British people committing crime were imprisoned there'd be at least 15 million people in prison.!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]First of all, there is no-way to verify your statistics. Secondly you don't make any sense at all. You're not a reporter for this paper by any chance are you? Chrome1
  • Score: -2

1:11pm Fri 20 Jun 14

cliff4treasurer says...

Chrome1 what's your point?
There are lots of black players and lots of Muslims playing in all the leagues in Britain, some even from the Asian continent, so which country is underrepresented?
Pakistan? if they are good enough they are white enough?
Does that do it for you?
You sound like the racist on here.
Chrome1 what's your point? There are lots of black players and lots of Muslims playing in all the leagues in Britain, some even from the Asian continent, so which country is underrepresented? Pakistan? if they are good enough they are white enough? Does that do it for you? You sound like the racist on here. cliff4treasurer
  • Score: 3

1:15pm Fri 20 Jun 14

boltonnut says...

Chelsea have at best 3 Engish players in their first 11,Lampard,Cahill and Terry.Man.City 1 ,Hart and so on.The premiership is rife with Non English players.The system of bringing young players through the ranks has all but disappeared,it's cheaper to roam the world for talent than produce their own even though the teams are own by billionaires.By the way most of these billionaires are non English too,what does that tell you?
Chelsea have at best 3 Engish players in their first 11,Lampard,Cahill and Terry.Man.City 1 ,Hart and so on.The premiership is rife with Non English players.The system of bringing young players through the ranks has all but disappeared,it's cheaper to roam the world for talent than produce their own even though the teams are own by billionaires.By the way most of these billionaires are non English too,what does that tell you? boltonnut
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Fri 20 Jun 14

Farnworth Lady says...

I shouted so Loud when Rooney scored, I scared the Cat.
As an Evertonian, I knew Suarez would Score, he always Mugs Efc off in The Prem Race.
Nasty sweaty unsociable little weasel that he is, Suarez always ruins my Week and he's done it again.
I cant comprehend how Sturridge, Sterling and Gerro can put the fear of God into English Prem League Clubs, but can do Sod All at National Level.

I follow England with un-swerving support, but it's getting tiresome now.
Good on Joe Hart for showing willing, and singing our National Anthem.
I shouted so Loud when Rooney scored, I scared the Cat. As an Evertonian, I knew Suarez would Score, he always Mugs Efc off in The Prem Race. Nasty sweaty unsociable little weasel that he is, Suarez always ruins my Week and he's done it again. I cant comprehend how Sturridge, Sterling and Gerro can put the fear of God into English Prem League Clubs, but can do Sod All at National Level. I follow England with un-swerving support, but it's getting tiresome now. Good on Joe Hart for showing willing, and singing our National Anthem. Farnworth Lady
  • Score: 5

2:16pm Fri 20 Jun 14

immyg1971 says...

Farnworth Lady wrote:
I shouted so Loud when Rooney scored, I scared the Cat.
As an Evertonian, I knew Suarez would Score, he always Mugs Efc off in The Prem Race.
Nasty sweaty unsociable little weasel that he is, Suarez always ruins my Week and he's done it again.
I cant comprehend how Sturridge, Sterling and Gerro can put the fear of God into English Prem League Clubs, but can do Sod All at National Level.

I follow England with un-swerving support, but it's getting tiresome now.
Good on Joe Hart for showing willing, and singing our National Anthem.
I love u Suarez,

I love Gerard, Sturridge, Henderson, Johnson, sterling.

But Suarez is the best.
[quote][p][bold]Farnworth Lady[/bold] wrote: I shouted so Loud when Rooney scored, I scared the Cat. As an Evertonian, I knew Suarez would Score, he always Mugs Efc off in The Prem Race. Nasty sweaty unsociable little weasel that he is, Suarez always ruins my Week and he's done it again. I cant comprehend how Sturridge, Sterling and Gerro can put the fear of God into English Prem League Clubs, but can do Sod All at National Level. I follow England with un-swerving support, but it's getting tiresome now. Good on Joe Hart for showing willing, and singing our National Anthem.[/p][/quote]I love u Suarez, I love Gerard, Sturridge, Henderson, Johnson, sterling. But Suarez is the best. immyg1971
  • Score: -4

6:10pm Fri 20 Jun 14

markthementalist says...

Could be worse...............
......we could be Spanish!
Could be worse............... ......we could be Spanish! markthementalist
  • Score: 1

7:51pm Fri 20 Jun 14

Donkey Stone says...

Chrome1 wrote:
NOTnewsworthy wrote:
Chrome1 wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.
You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, where are the Asian players then? They make up 8% of the UK population but somewhat missing from all the leagues. I know hundreds of players denied the opportunity because they don't subscribe to the brash loutishness of the traditional English footballer. The FA just wants idiots who drink and engage in crude off-pitch behaviour. They are happy to beat their chest about how good the EPL is when in fact it's foreign players who make it so good. It's a bit like Bolton as a town. Happy with mediocrity but ultimately rubbish. It's an English disease. Even look at the reporters for this paper; a pool of talentless no-hopers.
How many Asian players are regulars in premier league teams? Do you think they should fast tracked into the England team? How about a nice cozy quota system?
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NOTnewsworthy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the English football league is institutionally racist. They give zero opportunity to talented footballers from a minority ethnic background. Look at other international teams, they are awash with fantastic players from all faiths and backgrounds. England however are only interested in perfectly coiffured incompetent lager louts that can wear snazzy headphones when coming off the coach. Come the start of the new season watch all these players hyped again. And that flop Steven Gerrard, not only did he single handedly ruin Liverpool's title attempt but he was responsible, in one way or another, all of England's World cup defeats. Overratted? Just a bit.[/p][/quote]You are talking $h1t, half of the players are black!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Oh yeah, where are the Asian players then? They make up 8% of the UK population but somewhat missing from all the leagues. I know hundreds of players denied the opportunity because they don't subscribe to the brash loutishness of the traditional English footballer. The FA just wants idiots who drink and engage in crude off-pitch behaviour. They are happy to beat their chest about how good the EPL is when in fact it's foreign players who make it so good. It's a bit like Bolton as a town. Happy with mediocrity but ultimately rubbish. It's an English disease. Even look at the reporters for this paper; a pool of talentless no-hopers.[/p][/quote]How many Asian players are regulars in premier league teams? Do you think they should fast tracked into the England team? How about a nice cozy quota system? Donkey Stone
  • Score: 1

1:13am Sat 21 Jun 14

waynagain says...

Chrome1, how many black players were in the Russia, Bosnia, South Korea, Croatia, germany teams - to name a few - all of them have less black players than England, so- according to you they must be racist. How many White players are in the Iran and Algeria teams? I've found it to be a fact that the first person to try and use the 'racist card' is usually the biggest racist in the room.
Chrome1, how many black players were in the Russia, Bosnia, South Korea, Croatia, germany teams - to name a few - all of them have less black players than England, so- according to you they must be racist. How many White players are in the Iran and Algeria teams? I've found it to be a fact that the first person to try and use the 'racist card' is usually the biggest racist in the room. waynagain
  • Score: 1

11:36am Sat 21 Jun 14

m.nealon says...

What they have been getting wrong for years is the fact that they buy too many players from overseas to play in English clubs who obviously cannot play for England. Germany tends to only have German club players in their international team and they prove to play well. I don't know if anyone would agree with me but this means that building a team together with the few English players we do have is very difficult and why we can't succeed in international events.
What they have been getting wrong for years is the fact that they buy too many players from overseas to play in English clubs who obviously cannot play for England. Germany tends to only have German club players in their international team and they prove to play well. I don't know if anyone would agree with me but this means that building a team together with the few English players we do have is very difficult and why we can't succeed in international events. m.nealon
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Sat 21 Jun 14

waynagain says...

Imagine how bad the Premier League would be without those 'foreign' players. How many England players play in another country - none, because they are not good enough. Brazil only had one Brazilian based player in their team for their first game, but they still won. Maybe England should start handing out British Citizenship to foreign born players - like Portugal does. Portugal had 9 players at the last world cup who were born in Brazil.
Imagine how bad the Premier League would be without those 'foreign' players. How many England players play in another country - none, because they are not good enough. Brazil only had one Brazilian based player in their team for their first game, but they still won. Maybe England should start handing out British Citizenship to foreign born players - like Portugal does. Portugal had 9 players at the last world cup who were born in Brazil. waynagain
  • Score: -1

2:34am Sun 22 Jun 14

waynagain says...

m.nealon wrote:
What they have been getting wrong for years is the fact that they buy too many players from overseas to play in English clubs who obviously cannot play for England. Germany tends to only have German club players in their international team and they prove to play well. I don't know if anyone would agree with me but this means that building a team together with the few English players we do have is very difficult and why we can't succeed in international events.
At least 5 of the current Germany squad play for clubs outside Germany. 4 currently in the Prem and that number is going to increase in the near future.
[quote][p][bold]m.nealon[/bold] wrote: What they have been getting wrong for years is the fact that they buy too many players from overseas to play in English clubs who obviously cannot play for England. Germany tends to only have German club players in their international team and they prove to play well. I don't know if anyone would agree with me but this means that building a team together with the few English players we do have is very difficult and why we can't succeed in international events.[/p][/quote]At least 5 of the current Germany squad play for clubs outside Germany. 4 currently in the Prem and that number is going to increase in the near future. waynagain
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree