Watching flash mob video 'makes me choke up with pride', says organiser

A scene from the flash mob in the Market Place. Watch the full video below.

A scene from the flash mob in the Market Place. Watch the full video below.

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , news feature writer

WATCHING the video of the Bolton's Got Soul flash mob makes the "organiser choke up with pride".

The event, which took place in the Market Place last weekend, involved more than 60 people bursting onto the shopping centre’s concourse, led by two children who appeared to be dragging their “mother” in all directions.

They then broke out into a dance to Northern soul classic The Snake by Al Wilson.

The official video, professionally edited by Elerby Studios in Breightmet, has been released to promote the town and “put a smile on people’s faces”.

Local actor Phil Jackson, who organised the event, said: “I was really proud of everyone involved. The courage and smiles they brought with them lit the town up.

"I had to control my emotions as I was choked up with pride. I still am when I watch the video back.

“These wonderful people just joined in without a second thought — now that tells me and the rest of the world that Bolton’s got soul.”

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:03pm Tue 22 Jul 14

Bolton23 says...

Wondering when people will finally realise this town is crap. This just proves it more.
Wondering when people will finally realise this town is crap. This just proves it more. Bolton23
  • Score: -11

11:27pm Tue 22 Jul 14

Hughcurran75 says...

The reason you say its crap ( which it isn't).....is because of people who do nothing but criticize others......lots of happy faces on the film....why is that crap.....reaction seekers like yourself are boring!!....!weldone all involved!!
The reason you say its crap ( which it isn't).....is because of people who do nothing but criticize others......lots of happy faces on the film....why is that crap.....reaction seekers like yourself are boring!!....!weldone all involved!! Hughcurran75
  • Score: 13

12:37am Wed 23 Jul 14

keithyno.1 says...

No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!!
No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!! keithyno.1
  • Score: -12

3:46am Wed 23 Jul 14

skintight says...

I'm glad I wasn't paying for that filming. I'd want my money back!
I'm glad I wasn't paying for that filming. I'd want my money back! skintight
  • Score: -2

7:25am Wed 23 Jul 14

biggyjack says...

well done Lady s Gentlemen and Children and all involved you give up your free time and to the people who filmed it and the photographers and to the team who gave the people especially the children the confidence to get up and dance to cheer the town up your all stars ignore the rats one day they will crawl back in there holes and never come out lol Well done and be PROUD ;)
well done Lady s Gentlemen and Children and all involved you give up your free time and to the people who filmed it and the photographers and to the team who gave the people especially the children the confidence to get up and dance to cheer the town up your all stars ignore the rats one day they will crawl back in there holes and never come out lol Well done and be PROUD ;) biggyjack
  • Score: 6

7:33am Wed 23 Jul 14

Hughcurran75 says...

keithyno.1 wrote:
No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!!
So instead of just writing a meaningless response , why has he got it "spot on"?.....people enjoying themselves not for you?.....zzzzzzz....
[quote][p][bold]keithyno.1[/bold] wrote: No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!![/p][/quote]So instead of just writing a meaningless response , why has he got it "spot on"?.....people enjoying themselves not for you?.....zzzzzzz.... Hughcurran75
  • Score: 6

11:18am Wed 23 Jul 14

cobbledstreets69 says...

Brilliant video! Well done to all who took part looked like fun to be part of and thats the magic work fun! that was the whole part of the video wasnt it? Bolton's lost its identity in the town centre but the people never have. all those people who slag this and all the other things happening its a shame you dont do anything about it but moan, well done to the guys on the media coverage and over 5,000 hits on youtube in one day really says something that
Brilliant video! Well done to all who took part looked like fun to be part of and thats the magic work fun! that was the whole part of the video wasnt it? Bolton's lost its identity in the town centre but the people never have. all those people who slag this and all the other things happening its a shame you dont do anything about it but moan, well done to the guys on the media coverage and over 5,000 hits on youtube in one day really says something that cobbledstreets69
  • Score: 3

9:37pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Bolton23 says...

Hughcurran75 wrote:
keithyno.1 wrote:
No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!!
So instead of just writing a meaningless response , why has he got it "spot on"?.....people enjoying themselves not for you?.....zzzzzzz....
Yeah because it's such a wonderful town isn't it? A pristine town centre, good social scenes, excellent shopping centres, cheap parking, excellent council.

Oh wait. I don't live in a dream land.

It's full of people fighting, defecating in door ways and potholes, and you're charged top bat for it.
[quote][p][bold]Hughcurran75[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keithyno.1[/bold] wrote: No Hughcurran75, you're absolutely wrong...Bolton23 has got it spot on!!![/p][/quote]So instead of just writing a meaningless response , why has he got it "spot on"?.....people enjoying themselves not for you?.....zzzzzzz....[/p][/quote]Yeah because it's such a wonderful town isn't it? A pristine town centre, good social scenes, excellent shopping centres, cheap parking, excellent council. Oh wait. I don't live in a dream land. It's full of people fighting, defecating in door ways and potholes, and you're charged top bat for it. Bolton23
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree