doc

A SKIP was set alight in an arson attack outside a house in Bolton.

The pile of builders’ waste went up in flames at about 12.20am on August 5.

It appeared some paper had been stuffed inside to light the fire.

Nobody was hurt in the incident outside the Grafton Street property, which was undamaged.

The house’s inhabitants attempting to put the fire out with a garden hose reel when fire crews arrived to fully extinguish it.

A fire service spokesman, who confirmed that the fire was started deliberately, said: “People must have waste such as this removed from outside their homes as soon as possible.

“Unfortunately, it can be too much of a temptation for some people.”