A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- A666 traffic chaos as man seen hanging off bridge while talking on mobile phone
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - May 31, 2016
- Jake Dunstan death: 15-year-old found hanged grew up amid a background of violence and drugs
- PICTURED: Who is the naked rambler? Man takes walk on the wild side at Bolton beauty spot
- Resident says he will have to move house because of neighbour's 'intrusive' extension