A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - March 29, 2017
- Brawl erupts in dock as machete wielding thugs who attacked pensioner are found guilty
- UPDATED: Disappointment as town centre Pizza Express set to close
- Heartbreak as flood devastates restaurant just one day after it opened doors for first time
- CONFIRMED: Company that's taken ownership of Asons controlled by same family that ran the controversial law firm