A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- 'I was so moved' - US singer pays tribute to Manchester Arena victim after hearing her rendition of his song
- Young cricketer hoping to step back onto the field a year after suffering brain haemorrhage during match
- VIDEO: Van bursts into flames near homes in Bolton
- PICTURES: Fizz and fun at second annual Beer, Gin and Prosecco Festival
- Kind-hearted teen to help African schoolchildren