A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Jailed: Burglar who crashed £60,000 Porsche on M61 after 100mph police chase
- Brave boy turns up at school in a dress - and is a worldwide hit
- Hollands garden centre goes into receivership ahead of expected sports village plans
- Elderly man uninjured after kitchen blaze sparked by unattended food
- University vice chancellor spent more than £17,000 on hotels and flights