A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- UPDATE: Elderly woman fighting for life after being hit by car
- In the dock: 7 people who have appeared in court in Bolton
- VIDEO, UPDATE: Body found at Bolton property during search for missing Victoria Cherry
- 'She was always there for me' - Tributes to mother found dead in Bolton
- Police investigating Instagram account they believe distributed child pornography