A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Trapped by the paedophile hunter
- Hundreds mourn tragic A-grade teen who died days before taking GCSEs
- UPDATED: Bad news for owners of injured dog discovered on A666
- Bolton Wanderers fan hoping to erase memories of 5-0 FA Cup semi-final thrashing with choir performance at Wembley Stadium
- Talented artist creates giant mural featuring old pictures of Halliwell on pub wall