Tories chose candidate to stand in Bolton North East

Conservative candidate James Daly

Bolton North East MP David Crausby

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , politics reporter

THE Conservative candidate who will face Bolton North East MP David Crausby at the 2015 general election has been selected.

James Daly, a councillor in Bury, will run to be the new Member of Parliament in May.

The solicitor and father-of-two, who is the deputy leader of the Bury Conservatives and councillor for North Manor Ward, said if elected he would focus on the needs of the community in north Bolton.

He said: “I want to be in a position as an MP to make the Bolton north east community a better place.

“I think as an MP you can help people in numerous ways — I will be going into the cafes, go to the clubs and community groups and speak to people to see what would help them.

“In areas like Bolton North East there are a lot of people from different backgrounds, and I want to be able to represent each of them all equally and to the best of my ability.”

Cllr Daly joins prospective parliamentary candidate Chris Green, who will stand for the Conservatives against Julie Hilling in Bolton West.

No announcement has been made for who will run for the Liberal Democrats and UKIP in Bolton north east.

Cllr Daly has been a member of the Conservatives since he was a teenager, and said he thinks the values of the party help create a better society.

He added: “I honestly believe the principles that made me join the Conservatives are those that give everybody the best possible chance to succeed, to prosper, to a have a positive and better life.

“I am the governor of three schools and the chairman of governors at a nursery, and I see firsthand how important it is to give children from the poorest backgrounds the chance to access the educational opportunities to allow them to get the jobs they want and succeed in life.

“I fundamentally believe in lower taxation — I believe that wealth creation comes from allowing people to spent their own money — and I don’t believe in a big state.

“The problem with Labour is their default position is state control, and control from the centre — I think people should be set free.”

The ward of Bolton north east covers the town centre.

Cllr Daly added: “This is a crucial time for the town on a number of issues over the next few years, and the town needs representatives who are going to stand up for Bolton north east.”

.A Conservative candidate has not yet been selected for Bolton south east.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:28am Mon 25 Aug 14

Ernagy2 says...

None of the candidates to be MP's have any connections with the Town. Another person who seems on the gravy train of Westminster and none are talking about what they can do for Bolton.
None of the candidates to be MP's have any connections with the Town. Another person who seems on the gravy train of Westminster and none are talking about what they can do for Bolton. Ernagy2
  • Score: 2

10:37am Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

David Cameron: " It is Mainstream Britain that needs to integrate more with the Muslim way of life, not the other way round." Need i say more ?
David Cameron: " It is Mainstream Britain that needs to integrate more with the Muslim way of life, not the other way round." Need i say more ? thomas222
  • Score: -17

12:07pm Mon 25 Aug 14

pstuart says...

Can't wait to see the turnout figures on this one!
Can't wait to see the turnout figures on this one! pstuart
  • Score: -7

1:24pm Mon 25 Aug 14

sallyupsteps says...

No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it.
No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it. sallyupsteps
  • Score: -10

2:21pm Mon 25 Aug 14

John Edwards says...

sallyupsteps says...

No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it.

To late is the cry, to late. We're all doomed, we're all doomed.
sallyupsteps says... No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it. To late is the cry, to late. We're all doomed, we're all doomed. John Edwards
  • Score: -15

2:26pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Reed Lover says...

John Edwards wrote:
sallyupsteps says...

No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it.

To late is the cry, to late. We're all doomed, we're all doomed.
Why is it always about race?

The divide is between the very rich and everybody else. Ethnicity, religion, locality is irrelevant.

Some people here need to grow up.
[quote][p][bold]John Edwards[/bold] wrote: sallyupsteps says... No news of our politicians give a toss about us. The quicker we elect local folk with our interest at heart the sooner we will progress. We are all walking on tiptoe around the ethnicity problem. I say that we all share the same patch of land and we have to get on with it. What I do object to is postal voting, it is open to abuse. Genuine disabled voters yes, but en bloc particularly in some quarters no. We have a democracy here, so get of your backside, or lift your burka to preserve it. To late is the cry, to late. We're all doomed, we're all doomed.[/p][/quote]Why is it always about race? The divide is between the very rich and everybody else. Ethnicity, religion, locality is irrelevant. Some people here need to grow up. Reed Lover
  • Score: 7

5:22pm Mon 25 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thomas,

I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!!
Thomas, I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!! nigella farrage
  • Score: 11

5:58pm Mon 25 Aug 14

westies71 says...

thomas222 wrote:
David Cameron: " It is Mainstream Britain that needs to integrate more with the Muslim way of life, not the other way round." Need i say more ?
Are you for real they are in out country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: David Cameron: " It is Mainstream Britain that needs to integrate more with the Muslim way of life, not the other way round." Need i say more ?[/p][/quote]Are you for real they are in out country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country westies71
  • Score: -10

6:01pm Mon 25 Aug 14

westies71 says...

Are you for real they are in our country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country
Are you for real they are in our country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country westies71
  • Score: -5

6:12pm Mon 25 Aug 14

the hand says...

I believe David Cameron was reaching out to us to except the Muslim way of life because he's **** scared if we don't Isis will crawl out of the wood work here and start terrorist type atrocities on our own soil and if we all hold hands and sing **** by Yah they won't we have our bit of banter on here but what ever our beliefs we must surely all agree David Cameron is a bit of a ****
I believe David Cameron was reaching out to us to except the Muslim way of life because he's **** scared if we don't Isis will crawl out of the wood work here and start terrorist type atrocities on our own soil and if we all hold hands and sing **** by Yah they won't we have our bit of banter on here but what ever our beliefs we must surely all agree David Cameron is a bit of a **** the hand
  • Score: -7

6:14pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Thomas,

I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!!
There you go again second guessing what other people are saying........ Did you see the 18 people publicly murdered in Gaza by Hamas ?. You happy with that ?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Thomas, I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!![/p][/quote]There you go again second guessing what other people are saying........ Did you see the 18 people publicly murdered in Gaza by Hamas ?. You happy with that ? thomas222
  • Score: -9

6:16pm Mon 25 Aug 14

the hand says...

For some reason the bolton news blocked out the word c u m as in **** by Yah my Lord me thinks someone at the bn thought I was thinking of ****
For some reason the bolton news blocked out the word c u m as in **** by Yah my Lord me thinks someone at the bn thought I was thinking of **** the hand
  • Score: -11

6:21pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

westies71 wrote:
Are you for real they are in our country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country
Guardian 13th Mat 2007. " British Asians are role models, says Cameron".... Its true and very very concerning dont you think ?.
[quote][p][bold]westies71[/bold] wrote: Are you for real they are in our country not the other way round .....what would happen if we where in their original country[/p][/quote]Guardian 13th Mat 2007. " British Asians are role models, says Cameron".... Its true and very very concerning dont you think ?. thomas222
  • Score: -11

6:41pm Mon 25 Aug 14

British Kuffir says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Thomas,

I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!!
Muslims are not a part of British culture.
They practice apartheid. They never tried to assimilate into British life; they seek to draw us into their culture, by force it now seems, as if out-breeding us isn't happening quickly enough!
As for WW2, many muslims did fight for the Allies.
Many supported Hitler, and this is largely why East Europeans hate muslims so much.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Thomas, I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!![/p][/quote]Muslims are not a part of British culture. They practice apartheid. They never tried to assimilate into British life; they seek to draw us into their culture, by force it now seems, as if out-breeding us isn't happening quickly enough! As for WW2, many muslims did fight for the Allies. Many supported Hitler, and this is largely why East Europeans hate muslims so much. British Kuffir
  • Score: -8

6:50pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

British Kuffir wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
Thomas,

I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!!
Muslims are not a part of British culture.
They practice apartheid. They never tried to assimilate into British life; they seek to draw us into their culture, by force it now seems, as if out-breeding us isn't happening quickly enough!
As for WW2, many muslims did fight for the Allies.
Many supported Hitler, and this is largely why East Europeans hate muslims so much.
Your correct.....Google Grand Mufti second world war. Its all there they did side with Nazis.... Nigella may find it interesting to find she/he is wrong again.
[quote][p][bold]British Kuffir[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Thomas, I do believe Cameron was talking about people like you who do not accept Muslims as part of British culture, which they have been for over 1500 years!!! And lets not forget that Muslims helped Britain to succeed over the Axis in World War Two!!!![/p][/quote]Muslims are not a part of British culture. They practice apartheid. They never tried to assimilate into British life; they seek to draw us into their culture, by force it now seems, as if out-breeding us isn't happening quickly enough! As for WW2, many muslims did fight for the Allies. Many supported Hitler, and this is largely why East Europeans hate muslims so much.[/p][/quote]Your correct.....Google Grand Mufti second world war. Its all there they did side with Nazis.... Nigella may find it interesting to find she/he is wrong again. thomas222
  • Score: -16

6:56pm Mon 25 Aug 14

British Kuffir says...

Why are the Bolton News preventing comments on the Asian shopkeeper who is disfiguring banknotes with racially inflammatory messages?
Why are the Bolton News preventing comments on the Asian shopkeeper who is disfiguring banknotes with racially inflammatory messages? British Kuffir
  • Score: -4

7:40pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

British Kuffir wrote:
Why are the Bolton News preventing comments on the Asian shopkeeper who is disfiguring banknotes with racially inflammatory messages?
Because they are a Politically driven selective Newspaper in what they report can be commented on for fear of people saying things they are talking about and thinking about. Freedom of speech being repressed will only end one way!
[quote][p][bold]British Kuffir[/bold] wrote: Why are the Bolton News preventing comments on the Asian shopkeeper who is disfiguring banknotes with racially inflammatory messages?[/p][/quote]Because they are a Politically driven selective Newspaper in what they report can be commented on for fear of people saying things they are talking about and thinking about. Freedom of speech being repressed will only end one way! thomas222
  • Score: 0

8:18pm Mon 25 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thomas222 says...
Because they are a Politically driven selective Newspaper in what they report can be commented on for fear of people saying things they are talking about and thinking about. Freedom of speech being repressed will only end one way!

Response...
If this has been reported as a crime then under British law it cannot be discussed as it could jeopardise any investigation. Also if the paper believes that the comments could descend into racial abuse then, again, it has a right not to open the comments. Lets not forget that when you sign up to make a comment on this website you also adhere to many rules and regulations which restricts what people can and cannot say. Also Freedom of Speech has never happened as there has always ben rules, regulations and legislation as to what can be said/typed and appropriate action taken if those rules/regulations/le
gislation is broken.

Therefore, Thomas, are you prescripting that people should break the law, if the comments were allowed?
Thomas222 says... Because they are a Politically driven selective Newspaper in what they report can be commented on for fear of people saying things they are talking about and thinking about. Freedom of speech being repressed will only end one way! Response... If this has been reported as a crime then under British law it cannot be discussed as it could jeopardise any investigation. Also if the paper believes that the comments could descend into racial abuse then, again, it has a right not to open the comments. Lets not forget that when you sign up to make a comment on this website you also adhere to many rules and regulations which restricts what people can and cannot say. Also Freedom of Speech has never happened as there has always ben rules, regulations and legislation as to what can be said/typed and appropriate action taken if those rules/regulations/le gislation is broken. Therefore, Thomas, are you prescripting that people should break the law, if the comments were allowed? nigella farrage
  • Score: 1

8:22pm Mon 25 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

So Thomas, are you telling me that we should murder 1million Muslims, and their relatives, who fought as part of the British Empire, because a small fraction of them fought for the other side - aka Treason?

In that sense, then shouldn't ALL Chritians be shot, for Treason, because the large proportion of those in the Axis Power were Christian and caused all the atrocities against the Jewish faith. Lets not forget that Adolf Hitler was a Christian!!!

Fact over 3 million Muslims, from within the British Empire, fought against the Axis Powers - why should their heroism be tarnished for a select few?

Let me see if you can destroy their heroism now!!!
So Thomas, are you telling me that we should murder 1million Muslims, and their relatives, who fought as part of the British Empire, because a small fraction of them fought for the other side - aka Treason? In that sense, then shouldn't ALL Chritians be shot, for Treason, because the large proportion of those in the Axis Power were Christian and caused all the atrocities against the Jewish faith. Lets not forget that Adolf Hitler was a Christian!!! Fact over 3 million Muslims, from within the British Empire, fought against the Axis Powers - why should their heroism be tarnished for a select few? Let me see if you can destroy their heroism now!!! nigella farrage
  • Score: 5

8:31pm Mon 25 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Eastern European hate the Muslims?

Most of the Yugoslavian people (Eastern European) are Muslim and fought with the Axis
A large majority of Bulgarians and Romanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis
A large majority of Albanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis


So it seems that theory of yours and British Kuffir is sadly mistaken!!!

Again you ought to check all your facts before spouting nonsense.

Also lets not forget that I re-iterate Islam has been part and parcel of this country as much as what Christianity has, as both were brought over by the Roman Empire at the same time!
Eastern European hate the Muslims? Most of the Yugoslavian people (Eastern European) are Muslim and fought with the Axis A large majority of Bulgarians and Romanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis A large majority of Albanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis So it seems that theory of yours and British Kuffir is sadly mistaken!!! Again you ought to check all your facts before spouting nonsense. Also lets not forget that I re-iterate Islam has been part and parcel of this country as much as what Christianity has, as both were brought over by the Roman Empire at the same time! nigella farrage
  • Score: 0

8:33pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
So Thomas, are you telling me that we should murder 1million Muslims, and their relatives, who fought as part of the British Empire, because a small fraction of them fought for the other side - aka Treason?

In that sense, then shouldn't ALL Chritians be shot, for Treason, because the large proportion of those in the Axis Power were Christian and caused all the atrocities against the Jewish faith. Lets not forget that Adolf Hitler was a Christian!!!

Fact over 3 million Muslims, from within the British Empire, fought against the Axis Powers - why should their heroism be tarnished for a select few?

Let me see if you can destroy their heroism now!!!
Whats your point ? What has this got to do with this news article and David Cameron..?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: So Thomas, are you telling me that we should murder 1million Muslims, and their relatives, who fought as part of the British Empire, because a small fraction of them fought for the other side - aka Treason? In that sense, then shouldn't ALL Chritians be shot, for Treason, because the large proportion of those in the Axis Power were Christian and caused all the atrocities against the Jewish faith. Lets not forget that Adolf Hitler was a Christian!!! Fact over 3 million Muslims, from within the British Empire, fought against the Axis Powers - why should their heroism be tarnished for a select few? Let me see if you can destroy their heroism now!!![/p][/quote]Whats your point ? What has this got to do with this news article and David Cameron..? thomas222
  • Score: -1

8:34pm Mon 25 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

As for the Muslims that fought with the Allies - they came from within The British Empire as well as Britian, The US and independent countries such as Turkey!!!
As for the Muslims that fought with the Allies - they came from within The British Empire as well as Britian, The US and independent countries such as Turkey!!! nigella farrage
  • Score: 0

8:34pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Eastern European hate the Muslims?

Most of the Yugoslavian people (Eastern European) are Muslim and fought with the Axis
A large majority of Bulgarians and Romanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis
A large majority of Albanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis


So it seems that theory of yours and British Kuffir is sadly mistaken!!!

Again you ought to check all your facts before spouting nonsense.

Also lets not forget that I re-iterate Islam has been part and parcel of this country as much as what Christianity has, as both were brought over by the Roman Empire at the same time!
Your point is ?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Eastern European hate the Muslims? Most of the Yugoslavian people (Eastern European) are Muslim and fought with the Axis A large majority of Bulgarians and Romanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis A large majority of Albanians are Muslim and they fought with the Axis So it seems that theory of yours and British Kuffir is sadly mistaken!!! Again you ought to check all your facts before spouting nonsense. Also lets not forget that I re-iterate Islam has been part and parcel of this country as much as what Christianity has, as both were brought over by the Roman Empire at the same time![/p][/quote]Your point is ? thomas222
  • Score: -1

8:37pm Mon 25 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
As for the Muslims that fought with the Allies - they came from within The British Empire as well as Britian, The US and independent countries such as Turkey!!!
And ?

So did Russia things change over time fool Nigella.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: As for the Muslims that fought with the Allies - they came from within The British Empire as well as Britian, The US and independent countries such as Turkey!!![/p][/quote]And ? So did Russia things change over time fool Nigella. thomas222
  • Score: -2
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree