Police investigate councillor at centre of late tax payment row

Police investigate councillor at centre of late tax payment row

Police investigate councillor at centre of late tax payment row

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , Reporter

A POLICE investigation into the Tory councillor at the centre of the late payment of council tax row has found he has no case to answer.

Detectives last week launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Dean’s activities following a long-running Bolton News investigation.

They have now concluded his conduct did not amount to a breach of the law.

Police have not explained the reasons for their decision.

Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group.

Cllr Dean said: “There has been a thorough investigation by the police regarding this matter. I volunteered to assist the police with their inquiry and I am pleased they are satisfied I have no case to answer to.

“The past few weeks have been very difficult for myself and my family.

“I would like to thank all my friends, constituents and party colleagues for their support and good wishes during this period.”

Earlier this month, the Bradshaw councillor came forward to admit he was twice summoned to court for late council tax payments, though he later brought his account up to date.

It then emerged that town hall minutes seemed to show the former prospective MP attended a budget-setting meeting while subject to legal restrictions due to the late payments.

Bolton Conservatives group leaders started their own investigation, which had the full backing of Bolton Council.

A senior council employee then met Bolton police representatives and detectives began looking into the allegations, which relate to the Local Government Finance Act 1992 section about councillors attending budget-setting meetings.

Bolton Council passed information to police.

Last night, a Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that officers have concluded an investigation and have decided to take no further action.”

It is understood a detective studied documentation relating to the case and, after making his decision, referred it to a more senior officer, who supported the verdict.

Bolton Conservatives leader, Cllr David Greenhalgh, said: “According to our rules, we will conclude our internal investigation, but I am delighted that the police have found there is no case to answer and that they will not be taking the matter any further.

“And as a result of the police decision, Cllr Dean is no longer suspended and we will be restoring the party whip with immediate effect.”

Cllr Dean was twice summoned to court for not paying a total of £2,684 council tax. He later brought his account up-to-date and the prosecutions were discontinued.

The law states that if a council tax sum is due to be paid and the councillor concerned fails to pay it for two months, they must not vote on the setting of council tax at a local authority budget meeting.

If any councillor subject to those restrictions attends a budget meeting, they must, according to the Local Government Finance Act, “at the meeting, and as soon as practicable after its commencement, disclose the fact that (this law) applies to him and shall not vote on any question with respect to the matter (council tax)”.

Although the minutes from the meeting, held on February 20, 2013, seem to suggest Cllr Dean was there, they do not disclose where the law applied to him or whether he voted.

When Cllr Dean first confirmed he had been twice summoned to court, he told The Bolton News in a written statement: “I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting during the periods I was in arrears.

“Therefore, there was never any conflict of interest in my role as a councillor.”

In October 2012, The Bolton News began an investigation into councillors who were summoned to court for not paying their council tax on time.

Besides Cllr Dean, one other councillor — a Labour representative — was revealed to have been twice summoned to court.

Bolton Council, the Information Commissioners Office and the First Tier Tribunal have all ruled that both councillors should not be named.

There is no suggestion that the unnamed Labour councillor has broken the law.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:16am Mon 1 Sep 14

angus macoatup says...

Why bother commenting
Why bother commenting angus macoatup
  • Score: 11

10:27am Mon 1 Sep 14

JustBecause says...

"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group."

So its:

OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice)
OK to hide this from all concerned.
OK to LIE about the facts when questioned.

shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day.

And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired. JustBecause
  • Score: 29

10:55am Mon 1 Sep 14

piszoff says...

IS thIS the end
IS thIS the end piszoff
  • Score: -5

12:07pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Hollieanne says...

And the as-yet-unnamed Liebour 'councillor' appears to have got off scot free!
And the as-yet-unnamed Liebour 'councillor' appears to have got off scot free! Hollieanne
  • Score: 21

12:33pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

JustBecause wrote:
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.


As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: "Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.[/p][/quote]1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't. nigella farrage
  • Score: 7

12:33pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Balboa says...

The Labour councillor continues to hide from this issue, unable to face up to the truth and they benefit from Council services without making payment.

And this is the level of honesty, decency and integrity we can expect from Labour at every given opportunity.
The Labour councillor continues to hide from this issue, unable to face up to the truth and they benefit from Council services without making payment. And this is the level of honesty, decency and integrity we can expect from Labour at every given opportunity. Balboa
  • Score: 25

12:38pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

Balboa wrote:
The Labour councillor continues to hide from this issue, unable to face up to the truth and they benefit from Council services without making payment. And this is the level of honesty, decency and integrity we can expect from Labour at every given opportunity.
There has been NO councillor that has not paid. ALL Council Tax arrears have been paid before getting to court!
[quote][p][bold]Balboa[/bold] wrote: The Labour councillor continues to hide from this issue, unable to face up to the truth and they benefit from Council services without making payment. And this is the level of honesty, decency and integrity we can expect from Labour at every given opportunity.[/p][/quote]There has been NO councillor that has not paid. ALL Council Tax arrears have been paid before getting to court! nigella farrage
  • Score: 4

12:41pm Mon 1 Sep 14

breightmet kid says...

This Councillor is a cheat, full stop.

He should be in prison where all thieves belong.
This Councillor is a cheat, full stop. He should be in prison where all thieves belong. breightmet kid
  • Score: -7

12:57pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime?

His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!!

Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?
Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime? His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!! Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat? nigella farrage
  • Score: -3

1:02pm Mon 1 Sep 14

mrs philainsy says...

They have now concluded his conduct did not amount to a breach of the law.





Bet it would be a Breach of the Law if I didn't pay up.
They have now concluded his conduct did not amount to a breach of the law. Bet it would be a Breach of the Law if I didn't pay up. mrs philainsy
  • Score: 19

1:21pm Mon 1 Sep 14

goldie47 says...

step up labour and reveal your council tax cheat now
step up labour and reveal your council tax cheat now goldie47
  • Score: 15

1:35pm Mon 1 Sep 14

127001 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.


As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Ashya King - it's been proven that he wasn't in the danger perceived now we have the evidence from both the family and the Spanish hospital. A total over reaction from the hospital and the Police --- the farce continues now. All we have now is a little boy stuck in a foreign hospital with no one. The father/mother haven't been charged with any offence so hopefully they'll be out on bail soon.

It was a catch 22 situation for the family who could've stayed in the UK continuing radiation treatment or go elsewhere for alternative (and less intrusive) therapy. If the doctors had listened in the first place instead of threatening the family then we wouldn't be in this situation.

What would you do if it was your child? I know if I had children I'd move heaven and earth to get the best treatment and to hell with any doctor who refuses to have an open mind for alternatives. Ashya would be no doubt either be disabled for the rest of his life or dead in a matter of months with radiation treatment which affects other parts of the body.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: "Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.[/p][/quote]1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.[/p][/quote]Ashya King - it's been proven that he wasn't in the danger perceived now we have the evidence from both the family and the Spanish hospital. A total over reaction from the hospital and the Police --- the farce continues now. All we have now is a little boy stuck in a foreign hospital with no one. The father/mother haven't been charged with any offence so hopefully they'll be out on bail soon. It was a catch 22 situation for the family who could've stayed in the UK continuing radiation treatment or go elsewhere for alternative (and less intrusive) therapy. If the doctors had listened in the first place instead of threatening the family then we wouldn't be in this situation. What would you do if it was your child? I know if I had children I'd move heaven and earth to get the best treatment and to hell with any doctor who refuses to have an open mind for alternatives. Ashya would be no doubt either be disabled for the rest of his life or dead in a matter of months with radiation treatment which affects other parts of the body. 127001
  • Score: 2

1:54pm Mon 1 Sep 14

JustBecause says...

nigella farrage wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.


As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
your wrong, but then again you do have a habit of picking out the bits that fit.

1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

So what, he is a councillor and should be able to deal with his finances, not waiting for a a court summons TWICE!

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

Again, SO WHAT, and I am not sure your privy to this info, and they are not in business, they are representing the public, if they were as you put it trying damage limitation exercises, then ALL involved should be sacked or removed from office.

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.

He said he was NEVER at any meetings during the none payment, and he was, so that was a LIE.

do keep up, at the end of the day, he has lied, and failed TWICE to pay his council tax on time, he has cost me the rate payer money because of his actions, both in terms of court time, and police time, he should resign his post or be removed by the party.

The other low life coward who thinks they will remain anonymous should also be removed.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: "Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.[/p][/quote]1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.[/p][/quote]your wrong, but then again you do have a habit of picking out the bits that fit. 1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. So what, he is a councillor and should be able to deal with his finances, not waiting for a a court summons TWICE! 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses Again, SO WHAT, and I am not sure your privy to this info, and they are not in business, they are representing the public, if they were as you put it trying damage limitation exercises, then ALL involved should be sacked or removed from office. 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. He said he was NEVER at any meetings during the none payment, and he was, so that was a LIE. do keep up, at the end of the day, he has lied, and failed TWICE to pay his council tax on time, he has cost me the rate payer money because of his actions, both in terms of court time, and police time, he should resign his post or be removed by the party. The other low life coward who thinks they will remain anonymous should also be removed. JustBecause
  • Score: 6

6:56pm Mon 1 Sep 14

sallyupsteps says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime?

His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!!

Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?
Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime? His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!! Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?[/p][/quote]Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance. sallyupsteps
  • Score: 7

7:23pm Mon 1 Sep 14

artistpaint says...

Cheeky git.what sort of example is it setting.
Cheeky git.what sort of example is it setting. artistpaint
  • Score: 6

7:48pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

sallyupsteps wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime?

His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!!

Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?
Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.
Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts!

I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you!

As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!!

Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-==-=-

As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour.
[quote][p][bold]sallyupsteps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime? His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!! Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?[/p][/quote]Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.[/p][/quote]Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts! I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you! As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!! Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-==-=- As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour. nigella farrage
  • Score: 1

7:56pm Mon 1 Sep 14

sallyupsteps says...

nigella farrage wrote:
sallyupsteps wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime?

His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!!

Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?
Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.
Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts!

I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you!

As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!!

Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-==-=-

As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour.
Had a job, got the long service t shirt. Got a dictionary 20p from the charity shop. Suggest you browse the shelves. If I as a pensioner was late in paying my council tax do you think I would get time to pay?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sallyupsteps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime? His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!! Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?[/p][/quote]Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.[/p][/quote]Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts! I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you! As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!! Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-==-=- As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour.[/p][/quote]Had a job, got the long service t shirt. Got a dictionary 20p from the charity shop. Suggest you browse the shelves. If I as a pensioner was late in paying my council tax do you think I would get time to pay? sallyupsteps
  • Score: 3

7:56pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

127001 wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.


As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Ashya King - it's been proven that he wasn't in the danger perceived now we have the evidence from both the family and the Spanish hospital. A total over reaction from the hospital and the Police --- the farce continues now. All we have now is a little boy stuck in a foreign hospital with no one. The father/mother haven't been charged with any offence so hopefully they'll be out on bail soon.

It was a catch 22 situation for the family who could've stayed in the UK continuing radiation treatment or go elsewhere for alternative (and less intrusive) therapy. If the doctors had listened in the first place instead of threatening the family then we wouldn't be in this situation.

What would you do if it was your child? I know if I had children I'd move heaven and earth to get the best treatment and to hell with any doctor who refuses to have an open mind for alternatives. Ashya would be no doubt either be disabled for the rest of his life or dead in a matter of months with radiation treatment which affects other parts of the body.
As we both agree that the authorities were damned if they did, which happened, and would be damned in they didn't - which has happened in the past!!!

As it is the child was NOT receiving any treatment in Spain, until the parents were arrested of which the child was then taken to hospital - yes it is currently wrong that the child is not with the parents. The parents did NOT follow the official channels by just taking the child without signing out and took the child to Spain to get equity from their Spanish house to get to an Eastern European country to get the treatment. That, in all honesty that is putting the child's welfare at risk.

To take a child out of the hospital without signing off, or by prior agreement by the NHS trust is actually breaking the law!!!

Yes I would want the best, but I would also follow the law of the land and get the child signed off before going to another country - who are not expecting the child to treat on a specialist machine, of which there are only 3 in the world and fully utilised!!! That, to me, is not doing the best for the child.
[quote][p][bold]127001[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: "Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.[/p][/quote]1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.[/p][/quote]Ashya King - it's been proven that he wasn't in the danger perceived now we have the evidence from both the family and the Spanish hospital. A total over reaction from the hospital and the Police --- the farce continues now. All we have now is a little boy stuck in a foreign hospital with no one. The father/mother haven't been charged with any offence so hopefully they'll be out on bail soon. It was a catch 22 situation for the family who could've stayed in the UK continuing radiation treatment or go elsewhere for alternative (and less intrusive) therapy. If the doctors had listened in the first place instead of threatening the family then we wouldn't be in this situation. What would you do if it was your child? I know if I had children I'd move heaven and earth to get the best treatment and to hell with any doctor who refuses to have an open mind for alternatives. Ashya would be no doubt either be disabled for the rest of his life or dead in a matter of months with radiation treatment which affects other parts of the body.[/p][/quote]As we both agree that the authorities were damned if they did, which happened, and would be damned in they didn't - which has happened in the past!!! As it is the child was NOT receiving any treatment in Spain, until the parents were arrested of which the child was then taken to hospital - yes it is currently wrong that the child is not with the parents. The parents did NOT follow the official channels by just taking the child without signing out and took the child to Spain to get equity from their Spanish house to get to an Eastern European country to get the treatment. That, in all honesty that is putting the child's welfare at risk. To take a child out of the hospital without signing off, or by prior agreement by the NHS trust is actually breaking the law!!! Yes I would want the best, but I would also follow the law of the land and get the child signed off before going to another country - who are not expecting the child to treat on a specialist machine, of which there are only 3 in the world and fully utilised!!! That, to me, is not doing the best for the child. nigella farrage
  • Score: -4

8:02pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

sallyupsteps wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
sallyupsteps wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime?

His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!!

Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?
Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.
Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts!

I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you!

As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!!

Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


-=-=-=-=-==-=-

As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour.
Had a job, got the long service t shirt. Got a dictionary 20p from the charity shop. Suggest you browse the shelves. If I as a pensioner was late in paying my council tax do you think I would get time to pay?
Old men in a boat springs to mind - that is moan, moan and moan. Even if he had paid his Council Tax on time, you would still moan about it!

As a matter of fact you would get time to pay your Council Tax as EVERYONE is treated the same - quite a few reminders, even offer of help to pay, before a court summons and the court appearance! Courts are as last chance saloon because it costs the Council money to take people to court and it is money no Council has to waste!

If you are retired, like you say you are, then you will have time to visit the library to brush yourself up on the system of non-payment of Council Tax and how it is followed, rather than just assuming! Because we all know what assuming does, don't we?
[quote][p][bold]sallyupsteps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sallyupsteps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Why should he be in prison as he has NOT committed a crime? His Council Tax arrears was paid!!!! If it had been to court he would have had to resign his post on the council. Council Tax debt no longer receive a prison sentance, by the way!!! Therefore,.in what way is he a cheat?[/p][/quote]Like all politicians he knows how to work the system. And while we are on the subject of work has Nigella no gainful employment? Get a life Nige and while you are looking for one, get a spellchecker as well. It's The, the, not teh teh. One time is excusable but multiple times is downright ignorance.[/p][/quote]Sallyupsteps, the commentator who scribes comments all day long bemoaning that another commentator has posted during so-called work hours (and yet when look at times of posts it would be seen they were posted in the lunch hour - 1233, 1238 and 1257!!!!!!) but as you seem to post all day long it seem you have no job and idle your life away bemoaning about other people!!!! It doesn't take a genius to see the evidence, but in this case Sallusteps isn't a genius, nor clever enough to read the times of posts! I have a job, thank you very much, unlike you! As for spellchecker - considering there is NO spellchecker on this website then how can one be used? It seems common sense, on your part, is not existent at all!!! Doe sit really matter how one type words, just as long as the meaning gets across. As it is I am dyslexic and spelling mistakes will happen. But just as long as you are made to feel very important at noting other people's spelling errors, then I will let you off, because one must not upset an egotistical chav! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-==-=- As for paying late, it is common for the many people to wait until the last possible moment to pay bills. Family circumstances can determine whether a bill gets paid or not. Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. He more than likely borrowed off family members to help pay the Council Tax - which I know many people, in the same situation, have done! In fact it is commonplace in ALL businesses that bills are often paid on the 11th hour.[/p][/quote]Had a job, got the long service t shirt. Got a dictionary 20p from the charity shop. Suggest you browse the shelves. If I as a pensioner was late in paying my council tax do you think I would get time to pay?[/p][/quote]Old men in a boat springs to mind - that is moan, moan and moan. Even if he had paid his Council Tax on time, you would still moan about it! As a matter of fact you would get time to pay your Council Tax as EVERYONE is treated the same - quite a few reminders, even offer of help to pay, before a court summons and the court appearance! Courts are as last chance saloon because it costs the Council money to take people to court and it is money no Council has to waste! If you are retired, like you say you are, then you will have time to visit the library to brush yourself up on the system of non-payment of Council Tax and how it is followed, rather than just assuming! Because we all know what assuming does, don't we? nigella farrage
  • Score: -4

8:13pm Mon 1 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

JustBecause wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
"Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.
1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.


As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
your wrong, but then again you do have a habit of picking out the bits that fit.

1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think.

So what, he is a councillor and should be able to deal with his finances, not waiting for a a court summons TWICE!

2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses

Again, SO WHAT, and I am not sure your privy to this info, and they are not in business, they are representing the public, if they were as you put it trying damage limitation exercises, then ALL involved should be sacked or removed from office.

3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged.

He said he was NEVER at any meetings during the none payment, and he was, so that was a LIE.

do keep up, at the end of the day, he has lied, and failed TWICE to pay his council tax on time, he has cost me the rate payer money because of his actions, both in terms of court time, and police time, he should resign his post or be removed by the party.

The other low life coward who thinks they will remain anonymous should also be removed.
1. He never failed twice to pay his Council Tax. It was paid before any court attendance! And as it was paid, that suggest he NEVER failed to pay it!!!

2. Councillors do not receive a salary. However, they do get a ‘member’s allowance’ in recognition of their time and expenses incurred while on council business. And as such is much lower than a wage. And as previously mentioned he has advised he was made unemployed and as such the allowance he got would be difficult to pay bills, taxes et al and is the sole reason why he found it difficult to pay his Council Tax on time!

3. he actually has never lied about being in Budget Meetings, Also he has never lied that he excused himself from voting in these meetings - which is all correct when struggling with personal finances as a councillor!

If you want to try to embarrass him, then please keep it more above thee legal line and would advise reading http://www.beacounci
llor.org.uk/default.
htm
as a starting point for what is and is not allowed whilst being a councillor!

There was no court time wasted, the police had to do their job because of the position he holds and the financial difficulties he had - which is normal in high profile jobs that include finance/money, as part of the FCA/Prudential regulations!
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: "Conservatives have welcomed the news and have ended his suspension from the group." So its: OK, not to pay your bills unless threatened with court action. (twice) OK to hide this from all concerned. OK to LIE about the facts when questioned. shocking, the UK in finished, there is no common sense any more, the people running the country have no clue what the real world is about any more, its corruption is becoming more and more evident every day. And whilst I am a on a rant, the Ashya King fiasco should result in two doctors and a Police inspector being fired.[/p][/quote]1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. As for Ashya King, if nothing had been done and the boy had been found in Spain dead, then there would have been a uproar that nothing had been done sooner - catch22 position!!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.[/p][/quote]your wrong, but then again you do have a habit of picking out the bits that fit. 1. Late payments happen all teh time and the number of people that wait until courts date are set before paying is far greater number than what you think. So what, he is a councillor and should be able to deal with his finances, not waiting for a a court summons TWICE! 2. He was advised not to say anyhting or answer questions about it by the Council as part of a damage limitation exercise, which ahppens in ALL reputable businesses Again, SO WHAT, and I am not sure your privy to this info, and they are not in business, they are representing the public, if they were as you put it trying damage limitation exercises, then ALL involved should be sacked or removed from office. 3. He hasn't lied, once - according to the law, otherwise he would have been charged. He said he was NEVER at any meetings during the none payment, and he was, so that was a LIE. do keep up, at the end of the day, he has lied, and failed TWICE to pay his council tax on time, he has cost me the rate payer money because of his actions, both in terms of court time, and police time, he should resign his post or be removed by the party. The other low life coward who thinks they will remain anonymous should also be removed.[/p][/quote]1. He never failed twice to pay his Council Tax. It was paid before any court attendance! And as it was paid, that suggest he NEVER failed to pay it!!! 2. Councillors do not receive a salary. However, they do get a ‘member’s allowance’ in recognition of their time and expenses incurred while on council business. And as such is much lower than a wage. And as previously mentioned he has advised he was made unemployed and as such the allowance he got would be difficult to pay bills, taxes et al and is the sole reason why he found it difficult to pay his Council Tax on time! 3. he actually has never lied about being in Budget Meetings, Also he has never lied that he excused himself from voting in these meetings - which is all correct when struggling with personal finances as a councillor! If you want to try to embarrass him, then please keep it more above thee legal line and would advise reading http://www.beacounci llor.org.uk/default. htm as a starting point for what is and is not allowed whilst being a councillor! There was no court time wasted, the police had to do their job because of the position he holds and the financial difficulties he had - which is normal in high profile jobs that include finance/money, as part of the FCA/Prudential regulations! nigella farrage
  • Score: -4

9:13pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Citizen Cane says...

Nigela said

Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills.

I don't believe that Dean ever said that he was made unemployed - his story was more than a little opaque and it could be construed that he left a job rather than wa smade unemployed.

However, his tardiness in payments did mean that he could not fully represent his constituents in the matter of voting n the budget could he? Therefore he was duplicitous in not bringing his circumstances to the attention of the electorate when asking to be voted in.

There is clearly something of a whitewash going on which can only be remedied by voting UKIP next time. You know it makes sense.
Nigela said Also, he has explained himself in that he was made unemployed and did find it difficult to pay bills. I don't believe that Dean ever said that he was made unemployed - his story was more than a little opaque and it could be construed that he left a job rather than wa smade unemployed. However, his tardiness in payments did mean that he could not fully represent his constituents in the matter of voting n the budget could he? Therefore he was duplicitous in not bringing his circumstances to the attention of the electorate when asking to be voted in. There is clearly something of a whitewash going on which can only be remedied by voting UKIP next time. You know it makes sense. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 8

9:48pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Citizen Cane says...

piszoff wrote:
IS thIS the end
No, there is far worse - it is time that the labour coward stepped forward to take it like a man/woman/socialist non-payer.
[quote][p][bold]piszoff[/bold] wrote: IS thIS the end[/p][/quote]No, there is far worse - it is time that the labour coward stepped forward to take it like a man/woman/socialist non-payer. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 6

10:40pm Mon 1 Sep 14

artistpaint says...

There can never be enough of investigating into any thing the council employs...this guy looks to smug....wonder why....
There can never be enough of investigating into any thing the council employs...this guy looks to smug....wonder why.... artistpaint
  • Score: 2

7:51am Tue 2 Sep 14

Dolci Vita says...

Whether he has lied or not, which he has... is only part of the question. The whole picture is that whilst being an elected councillor he delayed paying his council tax and only after being issued with a summons did he pay. Not only once, but twice. Usually when people fall into financial difficulties an offer of smaller payments shows goodwill and a willingness to pay. Did he do this? No. He cause court action to be taken against him which cost us the tax payer. Regarding what he says about attending or not attending council budget setting meetings. He has fudged the truth and after involving the police no charges were brought against him. A bucket of whitewash has been thrown around by his party to exonerated him! Again more tax payers money spent on a police investigated. By involving the police and the courts how much has this councillor cost the tax payer? Can you trust this councillor in future? Would the people of Bradshaw have voted for him if they had know the facts?
Where is the labour councillor hiding who did not pay his/her council tax?....Vote UKIP.
Whether he has lied or not, which he has... is only part of the question. The whole picture is that whilst being an elected councillor he delayed paying his council tax and only after being issued with a summons did he pay. Not only once, but twice. Usually when people fall into financial difficulties an offer of smaller payments shows goodwill and a willingness to pay. Did he do this? No. He cause court action to be taken against him which cost us the tax payer. Regarding what he says about attending or not attending council budget setting meetings. He has fudged the truth and after involving the police no charges were brought against him. A bucket of whitewash has been thrown around by his party to exonerated him! Again more tax payers money spent on a police investigated. By involving the police and the courts how much has this councillor cost the tax payer? Can you trust this councillor in future? Would the people of Bradshaw have voted for him if they had know the facts? Where is the labour councillor hiding who did not pay his/her council tax?....Vote UKIP. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 6

1:54pm Tue 2 Sep 14

waynagain says...

Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax?
Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax? waynagain
  • Score: 0

4:54pm Tue 2 Sep 14

sallyupsteps says...

waynagain wrote:
Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax?
Why are the police investigating anything. Is it another cover up? After Hillsborough, Rotherham and Oldham can we have any confidence in any words that come from our 'betters.'
[quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax?[/p][/quote]Why are the police investigating anything. Is it another cover up? After Hillsborough, Rotherham and Oldham can we have any confidence in any words that come from our 'betters.' sallyupsteps
  • Score: 1

5:54pm Tue 2 Sep 14

Dolci Vita says...

sallyupsteps wrote:
waynagain wrote:
Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax?
Why are the police investigating anything. Is it another cover up? After Hillsborough, Rotherham and Oldham can we have any confidence in any words that come from our 'betters.'
The police were involved because it is a criminal offence for a councillor to attend and participate in a budget setting meeting when they obliged by law to declare other interests, in the case of Cllr Dean, non payment of council tax. Cllr. Dean should have abstained saying, 'Sorry I did not paid my council tax until I was summonsed, so I cannot be part of the voting system to set the tax for the people of Bolton.' Maybe he abstain from voting and that's why co case has been made? On the other hand it was a case of a white wash. What a joke! A councillor sitting in the council chamber setting your increase in council tax when he could not pay his own. LOL. A sham and a disgrace.
He sat there as the minutes confirm, initially denying this, as large as life as if it's OK to delay payment of council tax until forced to pay.
Vote UKIP.
[quote][p][bold]sallyupsteps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: Why are the police not investigating the Labour Councillor? How many UKIP councilors in Bolton were late paying their council tax?[/p][/quote]Why are the police investigating anything. Is it another cover up? After Hillsborough, Rotherham and Oldham can we have any confidence in any words that come from our 'betters.'[/p][/quote]The police were involved because it is a criminal offence for a councillor to attend and participate in a budget setting meeting when they obliged by law to declare other interests, in the case of Cllr Dean, non payment of council tax. Cllr. Dean should have abstained saying, 'Sorry I did not paid my council tax until I was summonsed, so I cannot be part of the voting system to set the tax for the people of Bolton.' Maybe he abstain from voting and that's why co case has been made? On the other hand it was a case of a white wash. What a joke! A councillor sitting in the council chamber setting your increase in council tax when he could not pay his own. LOL. A sham and a disgrace. He sat there as the minutes confirm, initially denying this, as large as life as if it's OK to delay payment of council tax until forced to pay. Vote UKIP. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 2

6:25pm Wed 3 Sep 14

nigella farrage says...

He attended the Budget Meeting BUT the minutes show he did not vote - that is the crux of this. He is allowed to attend and declare an interest but either way he would not have been allowed to vote, which he didn't. therefore no case to answer.
He attended the Budget Meeting BUT the minutes show he did not vote - that is the crux of this. He is allowed to attend and declare an interest but either way he would not have been allowed to vote, which he didn't. therefore no case to answer. nigella farrage
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Dolci Vita says...

nigella farrage wrote:
He attended the Budget Meeting BUT the minutes show he did not vote - that is the crux of this. He is allowed to attend and declare an interest but either way he would not have been allowed to vote, which he didn't. therefore no case to answer.
What was the point of Cllr Dean attending the Budget Setting meeting if he did not vote?
Are we paying him to sit in meetings not voting, what's the point of him being a councillor?
The question we need to ask is, did he declare an interest for not voting?
If he did and said, 'Sorry I cannot vote because I have been or I am going to court for non payment of council tax' he would have declared an interest for not voting but would anything have been done about it. I am beginning to think the council knew Cllr Dean's position and turned a blind eye to it until the Bolton News unearthed it.
The main question is how much did the courts involvement and police action cost to Bolton tax payers? Where is this information?
The words to describe this debacle are...it stinks!
Vote UKIP in May 2015
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: He attended the Budget Meeting BUT the minutes show he did not vote - that is the crux of this. He is allowed to attend and declare an interest but either way he would not have been allowed to vote, which he didn't. therefore no case to answer.[/p][/quote]What was the point of Cllr Dean attending the Budget Setting meeting if he did not vote? Are we paying him to sit in meetings not voting, what's the point of him being a councillor? The question we need to ask is, did he declare an interest for not voting? If he did and said, 'Sorry I cannot vote because I have been or I am going to court for non payment of council tax' he would have declared an interest for not voting but would anything have been done about it. I am beginning to think the council knew Cllr Dean's position and turned a blind eye to it until the Bolton News unearthed it. The main question is how much did the courts involvement and police action cost to Bolton tax payers? Where is this information? The words to describe this debacle are...it stinks! Vote UKIP in May 2015 Dolci Vita
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree