A HEARTBROKEN couple have urged anyone who knows the identity of the arsonists responsible for a house fire which killed a woman and her granddaughter to “shop them” and ease their family’s suffering.

Alana Mian, aged four, and her grandmother Hameeda Begum, aged 71, were killed when a flaming wheelie bin was pushed up against the front door of their house in Little Holme Walk, Great Lever, on June 23, 2008.

A double murder hunt was launched and last week Mumtaz Chishti, Mrs Begum’s husband, made an emotional plea for information from the public.

But police have so far not charged anyone with the murders of his wife and granddaughter.

Now, Kathleen and Les Trigg — whose own daughter and grandson were killed in an arson attack almost 11 years ago — have spoken out in support of Mr Chishti and his family.

Mr Trigg, aged 66, from Bolton, said: “Disregard who the person is that has done it. Shop them. Shop them for your own sake and for the family’s sake. Bring them to justice.”

Mr and Mrs Trigg said they understood how it felt to endure the daily battle of injustice as their daughter’s and grandson’s killer is still free.

A murder inquiry was launched following the blaze in Clacton, Essex, on July 27, 1998, which claimed the lives of Jean and Anthony Trigg.

They had only left Bolton five weeks earlier and were living with a friend when the house was set alight. Forensic scientists said petrol had been used to start the blaze in the hallway.

Miss Trigg, aged 26, and Anthony, aged five, and her four-month-old son Callum were rescued unconscious from the house by firefighters but Anthony could not be revived.

Callum survived, but Miss Trigg died from her injuries five days later.

“It feels awful. It’s still devastating,” said Mr Trigg.

“We think about them every day. The longer it goes on the harder it gets.”

Mrs Trigg, aged 61, added: “It would give us some kind of closure and give us time to grieve if the police could catch them.”

The fire in Great Lever injured Alana’s mother Saima, aged 25, as well as three firefighters, including Steve Morris who received 50 per cent burns.

County Fire Officer Barry Dixon said: “So many lives have been permanently affected by this incident and I am appealing to the public for anyone with any information to contact Greater Manchester Police and help find the people who caused this terrible and tragic fire.”

Four people have been charged with witness intimidation in connection with the blaze.

Anyone with information is asked to call the major incident team on 0161 856 2197 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.