Three taken to hospital following chip pan fire
9:09am Tuesday 8th January 2013 in News
THREE people were taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire at a flat in Heaton.
Fire crews were called to the penthouse apartment in Merryfield Grange, off Overdale Drive, at around 11.30pm yesterday.
Two brothers and a sister in their 20s had managed to douse the flames with a wet tea towel before the fire service arrived at the block of exclusive properties.
One of the young men suffered minor burns to his hand and the two others were taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital for a check-up.
It is believed the siblings’ parents are away on holiday.
Damage from the blaze was confined to the chip pan and firefighters from Bolton Central were on the scene for 45 minutes .
Comments are closed on this article.