Fluff warning after blaze destroys dryer

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to de-fluff their tumble dryers after a garage blaze in Kearsley.

The contents of a detached garage were destroyed when the owner’s tumble dryer went up in flames at about 10.10pm on Friday.

The blaze was caused by an electrical fault in the dryer.

Crews from Farnworth were at the fire in Moss Field Road for more than an hour as they doused the flames at the garage. There was no car inside at the time, but the tumble dryer was destroyed.

Simon Wood, crew manager at Farnworth, said: “People should keep their tumble dryers fluff free, otherwise it can lead to an electrical fault and cause a fire.

“Also, we advise that people do not leave tumble dryers on at night or unattended in another building or on while they are at work. Fortunately, in this case, a neighbour called us and it did not spread to the garage next door.”

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue offer free Home Safety Checks to all residents in Bolton. For more information,or to book a check, call 0800 555 815.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:36am Tue 12 Feb 13

mr.mark.c says...

Faulty dryer, nothing to do with fluff.
You should all unplug everything before you go to bed for the same reason........ Not going to happen is it ;)
Faulty dryer, nothing to do with fluff. You should all unplug everything before you go to bed for the same reason........ Not going to happen is it ;) mr.mark.c
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree