Mother and daughter hurt in house blaze

First published in News

A MOTHER and daughter suffered burns in a house fire thought to be caused by cigarette.

Another woman in her 50s was rescued by firefighters from the blaze in Hollinhurst Road, Radcliffe, at about 3.30am yesterday.

The mother, in her 40s, and her daughter, aged six, had escaped the semi-detached house before help arrived.

All three were treated for burns and smoke inhalation by paramedics before the mother and daughter were taken to hospital.

The fire is thought to have been caused by burning cigarette left in the living room. Smoke detectors were fitted in the house but the batteries were not working. The living room was destroyed.

A fire spokesman said: “If people choose to smoke indoors they should make sure they have smoke detectors and that the batteries are working.”

For a free Home Safety Check, call 0800 555815.

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree