Chip pan warning after fire in pensioner's flat
A PENSIONER was rescued by his neighbours when a blaze broke out in his home.
The 92-year-old man was cooking with a chip pan and became distracted, not noticing that the fire had started.
Neighbours heard the smoke alarm and rescued the man from his flat in Highfield Road, Farnworth.
Firefighters were called at 4.30pm on Saturday and the fire was out when they arrived.
They gave oxygen to the man and he was checked by an ambulance crew but declined hospital treatment.
Michael O’Neill, crew manager at Farnworth fire station, said: “This proves how important it is to ban the chip pan.
“We encourage people to use a deep fat fryer instead of a chip pan because it is safer.”
Comments are closed on this article.