Westhoughton man accused of rape denied bail
A 29-YEAR-OLD accused of raping a woman in Bolton town centre has been refused bail.
Matthew Broughton, of Cow Lees, Westhoughton, has been charged with raping a 28-year-old woman.
He was remanded in custody and was denied bail at Bolton Crown Court on December 2.
The charge relates to an alleged incident in Princess Street, off Bradshawgate, on Friday, November 22.
Broughton will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on December 13.
- Man found hanged from Barrow Bridge
- Man charged with murder of Marc Jepson
- Flock of birds found dead in road 'like a scene from The X-Files'
- Bolton's teenage pregnancies fall by almost a quarter
- Bolton warmer than Barcelona as town enjoys spring weather