Westhoughton man accused of rape denied bail
A 29-YEAR-OLD accused of raping a woman in Bolton town centre has been refused bail.
Matthew Broughton, of Cow Lees, Westhoughton, has been charged with raping a 28-year-old woman.
He was remanded in custody and was denied bail at Bolton Crown Court on December 2.
The charge relates to an alleged incident in Princess Street, off Bradshawgate, on Friday, November 22.
Broughton will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on December 13.
- UPDATE: Car crashes into mosque
- 6-year-old boy could be scarred for life after dog attack in Daubhill pub
- Bolton Mountain Rescue Team experience 'busiest' day for call outs
- Wedding cake to feed 5,000 given to charity
- Prime minister's pledge on more train seats in Bolton welcomed