Westhoughton man accused of rape denied bail
A 29-YEAR-OLD accused of raping a woman in Bolton town centre has been refused bail.
Matthew Broughton, of Cow Lees, Westhoughton, has been charged with raping a 28-year-old woman.
He was remanded in custody and was denied bail at Bolton Crown Court on December 2.
The charge relates to an alleged incident in Princess Street, off Bradshawgate, on Friday, November 22.
Broughton will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on December 13.
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
- 15-year-old girl 'was raped while she played on XBox'