Man accused of planting bomb in Horwich post box and sending child porn to schools
A MAN is accused of launching a campaign of intimidation against postal workers by planting a homemade bomb in a post box.
His trial at Manchester Crown Court heard that before the device was discovered, Merrick was probed by police about harassing Royal Mail staff.
He is also accused of sending letters to schools in Bolton containing indecent images of children, along with the names of postal workers.
Merrick denies sending an explosive substance, 16 counts of making indecent images of children, possession of indecent photos of children and four counts of distributing indecent images of children.
The trial continues.
- Good riddance: Farnworth nightmare neighbours evicted
- House blaze after cigarette left on mattress
- Octagon director 'surprised' after missing out at theatre awards
- Horwich 'concentration camp' plan approved
- Bolton Wanderers get permission to build new pavilion at Lostock academy