Baby taken to hospital after fire
A BABY was taken to hospital after a fire started at a Little Hulton flat.
Firefighters were called to the property in Manchester Road East at 11.50pm yesterday after the blaze began in the kitchen.
It was caused by a pan of food being left unattended while cooking.
A Fire Service spokesman said: “We used a positive pressure ventilator to clear smoke from the kitchen.
“A woman, aged 19, and a baby boy, aged 11 months, suffered breathing problems and were taken to hospital as a precaution and were later discharged.
“It’s another reminder to people to keep an eye on their food while cooking.”
Comments are closed on this article.