Motorcyclist dies in road crash
8:32pm Tuesday 17th December 2013 in News
A MOTORCYCLIST from Adlington has died after a crash in Clitheroe today.
The 47-year-old was thrown from his bike and died at the scene.
A police investigation is now underway.
The crash happened at 1.40pm in Bolton by Bowland Road when the motorcyclist was travelling near Springs Wood towards Sawley and involved a Nissan Navara travelling in the opposite direction.
The driver of the car, who is from Wyre, was uninjured.
Sergeant Gareth Hill said: “An investigation is underway but I would appeal to anybody that witnessed this collision or saw the motorcyclist riding his distinctive blue Yamaha YFZ-R1 in the Clitheroe or Bolton by Bowland area prior to the collision to contact police on 101.”
- Good riddance: Farnworth nightmare neighbours evicted
- Bolton singing hopefuls fail to make it through to the next round of The Voice
- House fire after cigarette left on mattress
- Octagon director 'surprised' after missing out at theatre awards
- Horwich 'concentration camp' plan approved
Comments are closed on this article.