Firefighters' candle blaze warning
CANDLES started two Christmas Day fires.
Fire crews from Bolton were called out twice in the afternoon — but fortunately both properties escaped with only minor damage.
Crews from Bolton Central and Farnworth were called to Chester Avenue, Little Lever, after a tealight set alight Christmas cards at 1pm.
The fire damaged the window and caused smoke damage to the property.
Emergency services were on the scene for an hour.
The occupiers were alerted by the smoke alarm and fire crews gave a 35-year-old oxygen but they did not need hospital treatment.
The blaze damaged the fireplace where the candle was and caused smoke damage.
Comments are closed on this article.