Man dies more than a month after being hit by car
A MAN has died more than a month after being hit by a car just outside Bolton town centre.
Harold Waring, aged 57, was hit by a black VW Golf as he crossed Topp Way, at the junction with St Georges Road, at 8pm on November 12.
Mr Waring suffered a fractured pelvis and was discharged from hospital on November 29, but he was taken ill on December 29 and died in hospital the same day.
Now police are appealing for information.
PC Peter Cunningham, from the police's serious collision investigation unit, said: “Although we do not know whether the collision in any way contributed to Mr Waring’s death, we are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision on November 12.
“Did you see a black VW Golf driving along Marsden Road, towards Topp Way prior to the incident? If you did, please contact us as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information can phone police on 0161 8564741.
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
- 15-year-old girl 'was raped while she played on XBox'
Comments are closed on this article.