ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Public-sector workers urged to snub latest pay-rise offer
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'signficant' injuries after lorry blown over on M61 as Hurricane Gonzalo sweeps through Bolton
- Bolton Council set to lose £5 million in unpaid council tax
- 'Chemical attack' on town hall as firefighters in protective suits carry out drill in centre of Bolton
- Second dog rescued from Greece and brought to Bolton after being left for dead on the street