ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Mad Friday in Bolton town centre
- UPDATED: Huge cannabis farm worth up to £1 million found in Great Lever
- 'Vicious' thug who battered girlfriend jailed for 10 years
- Woman taken to hospital after Mini overturns on East Lancs Road slip
- Binmen's special Christmas present for youngster who waves at them every time he sees them