ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Probe as thug launches frenzied knife attack on girlfriend the day after he is released by police
- Man breaks foot jumping from first floor of Tonge Moor Road house
- Reservoir flood warning letters sent out - even though water levels are low
- 3,000 sign petition demanding Ofcom investigation into Helen Wood's Big Brother win
- Peter Kay to bring back hit comedy Phoenix Nights