ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Tears of Bolton NHS staff who came face-to-face with horrors of terrorist attack
- 'They witnessed things they shouldn’t have had to' - Bolton doctor tells of treating arena victims in hours after terror attack
- Daughter of gangland baron vows never to give up fight to find out who murdered him
- PICTURES: Bike ride in tribute to Manchester bombing victim Olivia Campbell-Hardy
- VIDEO: Bolton falls silent to remember those affected by terror attack