One of country's most wanted criminals arrested in Bolton swoop
Updated 10:16am Monday 6th January 2014 in News
ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Man tells girlfriend he has been kidnapped so he can stay out and drink
- Ex-Coronation Street star Sean Wilson cooks to a packed Bolton Market
- Celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo kicks off Saturday's food festival
- Straight A GCSE student congratulation by a national sports champion
- Fundraiser in memory of murdered teen Sasha Marsden