ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Rock singer jailed for having sex with 14-year-old girl
- Police's drink-drive checkpoint causes delays for morning commuters
- MYSTERY: What's that strange banging noise coming from Queens Park?
- 'Bolton is actually disgusting' — teenage bystander's shock after man ‘stabbed and bottled’ in park
- Mother punched in head by man who 'tripped over wheel of her pram'