ONE of the country’s most wanted criminals has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, aged 30, was thought to be hiding in Spain.
He was arrested on New Year’s Day — six months after going on the run.
Willis went missing after he failed to turn up at Minshull Street Crown Court to be sentenced for drugs offences in June last year.
He had previously admitted possessing cannabis and cocaine with intent to supply.
A manhunt was launched after he failed to attend court and he was named by the National Crime Agency as being among the 13 most wanted men in the country.
Officers swooped on Willis after being tipped off that he was with his girlfriend in Bolton. Police are now trying to establish where Willis, of Ashton-under-Lyne, has been while on the run.
Willis will now be sentenced on January 26.
Charlene Morrison, aged 26, of Padstow Close, Hyde, is due to appear in court on January 23 charged with assisting an offender.
- Thieves steal £4,000 from Westhoughton school — three months after it won bid for police cash seized from criminals
- Horwich couple speak of terror after Nepal earthquake left them sleeping in tents for four days
- Stepdad jailed for beating children in 1960s and 70s: 'It went far beyond anything that can be regarded as justifiable — even in times gone by'
- Man sets fire to toilet roll while answering bail at police station — to dry his clothes
- Bolton Council to spend £409,000 resurfacing 530-metre stretch of pothole-strewn Plodder Lane