Firefighters investigate mysterious smell at Little Lever house
Crews were called to the house in Tong Road at about 9am after a woman living at the house reported a strange petrol-like smell coming from beneath her floorboards.
The firefighters called out specialist hazardous material officers to investigate, along with a detection, identification and monitoring vehicle to analyse the area.
The teams identified a low level of a petrol-based substance, which they believed was coming from the earth beneath the house.
They concluded that the substance was not endangering the resident and handed the incident over to Bolton Council's environmental health department.
- Young woman found dead in Rivington Reservoir named
- Man injured in holiday horror accident on huge water slide
- Call for Horwich to leave Bolton... and become part of Chorley
- 'A modern day miracle' - 25,000 free picnic lunches for Bolton's poorest children
- Halliwell driver crashed car after taking it without permission
Comments are closed on this article.