RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Bake-off queen Nadiya thrilled to be headline act on day three of Bolton Food and Drink Festival
- Driver suffers head and spinal injuries after flipping car
- Bolton nightclub worker brings X-Factor judges to tears with heartbreaking song about late brother
- PICTURES: Thousands head to Bolton for second day of Food and Drink Festival
- Masterchef star John Torode urges everone to come along to day 2 of the Bolton Food and Drink Festival