RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Armed robbers raid Co-op store twice in one weekend
- Car smashes into wall in crash outside garage
- VIDEO: A message from Keith Chegwin as TV stars prepare for Big Bolton Panto
- Meeting over potential future housing which 'could have very serious consequences for every resident'
- Burst pipe leaves homes without water