Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Little Lever UKIP councillor 'regrets' sexist joke on Facebook
- Man jailed for mowing down police officer in town centre
- Brave customer pelted knife-wielding robber with water bottles
- Horror of World War One 'wasn't fit for young ears'
- Bolton woman wins best dressed award on ladies' day at Tatton Park - in Primark dress
Comments are closed on this article.