Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Overflowing Farnworth dog poo bin not emptied for three weeks
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
Comments are closed on this article.