RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Teenage cricketer suffers brain haemorrhage during match
- Schoolboy held younger pupils at knifepoint and stole their iPads
- Bolton shoppers will feature in new national TV advert during Britain's Got talent final
- 18-month-old baby needed cosmetic surgery after auntie crashed into car 'after being distracted by a bee'
- Teenage yob armed with vodka bottle gets 'one last chance' after vicious attacks