RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Vital care centre that's served community for 20 years faces axe due to council cuts
- Man acquitted after ‘horrible’ prison ordeal
- Shock after pictures taken under skirts of schoolgirls appear on a website
- VIDEO: Friends who tricked mate into dressing as Smurf 'shocked' at 1 million Facebook views
- Men jailed after gruesome gang street fight with knife, hammer and axe