RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Sawn off shotgun found in Bolton park
- Teenager stabbed in leg in Tonge Moor
- Multi-million pound LED street lights scheme will begin next month
- Number of reported child abductions in Bolton go up as authorities hail new powers to prevent grooming
- TV show set to feature church revamp