RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Eight-man machete fight in street
- Sam Allardyce allegedly filmed in newspaper sting advising fake businessmen on how to sidestep FA rules
- Thousands of sexual images of children found on IT worker's computer
- Bolton band members 'buzzing' after X Factor wildcard second chance
- Victoria Hall facing closure in less than 3 years if money cannot be found