RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'signficant' injuries after lorry blown over on M61 as Hurricane Gonzalo sweeps through Bolton
- Bolton Council set to lose £5 million in unpaid council tax
- Second dog rescued from Greece and brought to Bolton after being left for dead on the street
- Five myths about heating your home which will help you save money
- Navy vets honoured with Arctic convoy medals