RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Huge cannabis farm worth up to £1 million found in Great Lever
- 'Vicious' thug who battered girlfriend jailed for 10 years
- Binmen's special Christmas present for youngster who waves at them every time he sees them
- Scabies outbreak at Bolton care home
- Pervert admits using mirror to look at women's knickers