Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Man fighting for life after he is found in street with serious head injury
- Special school blighted by 'drug-using yobs who vandalise, urinate and climb on building'
- Reveller left with brain haemorrhage after attack in Bolton town centre bar
- UPDATED: Delays and cancellations due to broken-down train near Bolton
- Death-dodging teacher entering snooker event at Transplant Games
Comments are closed on this article.