Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Flock of birds found dead in road 'like a scene from The X-Files'
- Small firms in Bolton to get £1,000 business rates discount
- Sharples science teacher arrested again in terrorism investigation
- Schoolgirl fled in terror after man performed sex act on bus
- Horwich chef Debbie Halls-Evans wins The Taste
Comments are closed on this article.