RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Iconic jewellery store to close after nearly 150 years in Bolton
- Man jailed for sexual assault of four-year-old girl
- Green light given for new three-storey mosque
- Warning after man 'followed and chased' teenage girls in Bolton
- GCSE results day 2016 in Bolton