RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- The man who fooled the art world: the 'artful codger' George Greenhalgh dies aged 91
- Snapchat artist draws in hundreds of followers thanks to creations
- Landlord "overwhelmed" by support since pub crash
- 'Haunted' pub owner wants to screen ghostly vids at "exorcinema"
- Police insist progress being made in battle with CSE despite findings of Coffey Report