RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Geo-cacher with chest pains rescued from 'about the most remote location you can be'
- Rolex watch that was 84-year-old widower's wedding present is stolen in robbery
- Shoppers urged to 'save the NHS' by signing petition as part of MP's campaign
- Motorcycle duo fired double-barrelled sawn-off shotgun at bungalow in targeted attack
- Wanderers players surprise guests at club’s annual lifeline lottery party