Mail destroyed in Smithills post box fire
RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Man tells girlfriend he has been kidnapped so he can stay out and drink
- Ex-Coronation Street star Sean Wilson cooks to a packed Bolton Market
- Celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo kicks off Saturday's food festival
- Straight A GCSE student congratulation by a national sports champion
- Fundraiser in memory of murdered teen Sasha Marsden
Comments are closed on this article.