RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- Money pours in for little Freddie born three months prematurely in Spain
- Unique software created by Bolton firm helps charities collect thousands of pounds from the Government in reclaimed tax
- UPDATED: Teenage driver in critical condition after horror crash
- Teenage shop worker who walked elderly man home from Aldi becomes viral sensation
- Woman suffers smoke damage after fire in adjoining house