RESIDENTS' mail has been destroyed after yobs started a fire in a post box.
Firefighters were called just before 4pm after smoke was seen coming from the post box at the junction of Smithills Dean Road and Abercorn Road.
A resident claimed to have seen youngsters near the post box before the fire started.
Firefighters from Bolton North fire station put out the blaze with a hose.
A fire service spokesman said: “Unfortunately the letters in the post box will have either been damaged by the fire or by the water used to put it out.”
The fire service has contacted Royal Mail to inform them the incident.
- UPDATED: Cyclist dies in crash with motorbike
- UPDATED: Woman talked down by police after threatening to jump from M61 motorway bridge
- Suspected arson attack at Holland garden centre in Bromley Cross
- Brave 16-year-old girl saves family in meat cleaver and machete attack
- Toddlers evacuated from nursery after fuse box bursts into flames