'Bolton is better than London,' says Iain Duncan Smith
IT is certainly not grim up north — at least according to one government minister.
In fact, MP Iain Duncan Smith said that Bolton beats London and would be a “great place to relocate” — before remembering that his constituency is still down south.
During an interview with The Bolton News' politics reporter, Elaine O’Flynn, he praised Bolton and the investment it has received in recent years.
Mr Duncan Smith said: “It’s a great place to relocate, actually — it certainly beats London.
“I shouldn’t say that, actually — I’m a London MP. Apart from my constituency, of course.
“You don’t have the commuting to work et cetera around London - this beats it hands down.
“It’s a great place, it’s not too difficult to get to, it’s accessible now - and when HS2 comes it will really bring these kinds of areas right into the centre ground.
”It’s where you want to invest. You want to be up here because you can be anywhere else in a short matter of time.”
More on Iain Duncan Smith's visit here:
- 'Apprentices are the future', says Iain Duncan Smith in visit to Bolton missile factory MBDA
- Iain Duncan Smith dismisses UKIP threat
- Banned driver jailed for getting behind the wheel
- Bus services set to be cut across Bolton
- Council to spend almost £500,000 to combat school places shortage
- Thieves steal fence panel from couple's "pride and joy" garden
- Huge festival set to see families flock to the town centre on Easter Monday
Comments are closed on this article.