A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Firefighters pelted with bricks and fireworks as they tackle fire in area blighted by yobs
- UPDATE: 2 men posing as good Samaritans steal from man as he has a stroke
- PICTURES: The amazing hidden underground of Bolton
- REVEALED: Why this picture of Theresa May's campaign launch in Bolton is not all it seems...
- DO YOU KNOW HIM? Police release e-fit of attacker who held knife to woman's throat and attempted to rape her