A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Fatal crash closes East Lancs Road in direction of A666, M61 and Walkden
- Anger as thieves steal expensive stone flags from church
- Addictive new app is the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2016
- Calls for expansion of Metrolink to improve transport links
- APPEAL: Police still hunting Mercedes hit-and-run driver