A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Bolton Council set to lose £5 million in unpaid council tax
- Trees knocked down by high winds and travel disruption as tail end of Hurricane Gonzolo hits Bolton
- Second dog rescued from Greece and brought to Bolton after being left for dead on the street
- Five myths about heating your home which will help you save money
- Navy vets honoured with Arctic convoy medals