A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Iconic Bolton department store Beales to close
- Football fans facing travel headache due to Macron Stadium train station closure
- GALLERY: 200 years of Beales as department store announces 'Everything Must Go'
- Parents' horror after young son steps on bloody syringe thrown into back garden
- Vandals slash car tyres in spree across Bolton