A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- PICTURED: Who is the naked rambler? Man takes walk on the wild side at Bolton beauty spot
- Jake Dunstan death: Education chiefs on 'lessons to be learned' from tragic case of teen who hadn't been to school in 2 years
- Jake Dunstan death: 15-year-old found hanged grew up amid a background of violence and drugs
- REVEALED: Topshop and Topman to open new stores in Bolton
- Two Bolton Post Offices welcome Sunday openings