A WOMAN suffered a fractured leg after being knocked into a reservoir by a dog.
The woman, aged 60, was walking with her family and three dogs on a footpath at the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir on Saturday when a passer-by’s dog knocked her over.
Bolton Mountain Rescue Team was alerted by the North West Ambulance service just after 12.30pm.
The two teams worked together and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Both teams have expressed their thanks to the many walkers who waited with the woman.
- Vandals ruin junior teams' football pitches
- REVEALED: Opening date of latest restaurant to launch at Bolton shopping centre
- Residents' fears over Hulton Park plans
- Funerals in Bolton to be streamed live on the internet
- PICTURES: Pupils 'gobsmacked' as 17ft dinosaur comes to school