A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- VIDEO: Vital care centre that's served community for 20 years faces axe due to council cuts
- Men jailed after gruesome gang street fight with knife, hammer and axe
- Fans snap up £5 tickets for Wanderers home clash with Spireites
- New bypass could be the ‘first of many’ for borough
- Parents given police contact after pictures taken up schoolgirls' skirts appear on website