Lorry stuck under Walkden bridge
A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- UPDATED: Man fighting for life after he is found in street with serious head injury
- Special school blighted by 'drug-using yobs who vandalise, urinate and climb on building'
- Reveller left with brain haemorrhage after attack in Bolton town centre bar
- UPDATED: Delays and cancellations due to broken-down train near Bolton
- Knife wielding robber stole teenager's bike
Comments are closed on this article.