A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- 'Dedicated mother' - Tributes pour in for mum as murder investigation continues
- UPDATED: Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in Kearsley
- Motorcyclist died after suffering 'horrendous injuries' in Farnworth crash — but 'had not been driving dangerously'
- Murderer who strangled his mum claims he did not receive fair trial
- Firefighters climb through bathroom window to rescue woman who fell asleep while cooking