A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- UPDATED: Teenage cricketer suffers brain haemorrhage during match
- Schoolboy held younger pupils at knifepoint and stole their iPads
- Bolton shoppers will feature in new national TV advert during Britain's Got talent final
- 18-month-old baby needed cosmetic surgery after auntie crashed into car 'after being distracted by a bee'
- Teenage yob armed with vodka bottle gets 'one last chance' after vicious attacks