Lorry stuck under Walkden bridge
A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Murder investigation launched after man's body found in Farnworth house
- Pictured: Children all over Bolton dress up for World Book Day
- Teenager is 10th person jailed for massive Bolton drug dealing operation
- One lane of M61 closed after two-vehicle crash
- Man accused of attempting to murder Bolton woman
Comments are closed on this article.