A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Car flips onto roof and lamppost is flattened after crash with van
- Pizzeria owner charged with multiple sexual assaults on girls aged between 15 and 18
- UKIP continue assault on Bolton Council by taking two more Labour seats and state: 'This is just the start'
- PICTURES: 9 beer gardens to enjoy a drink in the sun
- Dramatic but not shocking - why UKIP in Bolton is becoming a familiar and increasing presence