A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Iconic Bolton department store Beales to close
- Teen held social worker hostage at knifepoint after learning his sister had been taken into care, court hears
- Gary Neville reveals plans for skyscrapers and 5-star hotel
- GALLERY: 200 years of Beales as department store announces 'Everything Must Go'
- Vandals slash car tyres in spree across Bolton