A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- UPDATED: Post Office worker suffers terrifying attack in armed raid
- Senior Labour councillor signs 'no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn' petition, says many others share his view
- Greater Manchester mayor hopeful Ivan Lewis calls on Jeremy Corbyn to step down as Labour leader faces shadow cabinet revolt
- UPDATED: Car crashes in to house after colliding with another car in St Helens Road
- 3 million people sign petition calling for a new EU referendum