A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- 'Lowest of the low' window cleaner steals money from OAPs on his round
- Boy, 8, found walking alone at midnight was 'going to gran's in Bolton'
- 'Onwards and upwards' for the University of Bolton
- Missing Westhoughton 13-year-old found safe and well
- Bolton's 4 most wanted - May 27, 2015