A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Mum's bee tattoo tribute in memory of teenage daughter killed in terror attack
- Further arrest made in connection with Manchester Arena attack
- 'Show patience' on crowded trains after terrorist attack
- Long delays on motorway after car overturns
- Tributes paid by town mayor