A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Pasties, slot machines and sunbeds for town as part of new plans
- Anger after changes to collections mean some residents left to drag bins up to A MILE
- Bolton Wanderers Free School's future 'under serious threat' after Ofsted rates it inadequate in all areas
- Did a Member of Parliament tell Pakistani-born Bolton MP Yasmin Qureshi to 'go home?'
- INQUEST: Former Bolton School pupil took his own life