A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has been taken to hospital after being hit by a van.
The boy is thought to have been left with a broken leg and a head injury, but police said his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The crash happened in Bolton Road, Westhoughton, at 8.35am today.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The driver of the white Citroen Belingo van stopped at the scene after the accident.
No arrests have been made.
- UKIP candidate arrested after allegedly kicking neighbour in row over tree
- PICTURES: Bolton pilot's incredible shots of the world's cities from above
- VIDEO: 'Just leave us alone' - Cricket club's plea to heartless yobs after it's burgled for 5th time
- VIDEO: Bolton boxer Amir Khan launches 'Khanage' mobile phone app game
- Lightning hits Bolton and blows up television set