A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has been taken to hospital after being hit by a van.
The boy is thought to have been left with a broken leg and a head injury, but police said his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The crash happened in Bolton Road, Westhoughton, at 8.35am today.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The driver of the white Citroen Belingo van stopped at the scene after the accident.
No arrests have been made.
- PICTURES: Bolton's new cinema lays out the red carpet treatment for guests at its official opening
- APPROVED: Controversial cycling track gets council green light amid shouts of 'disgraceful'
- UPDATE: Two people taken to hospital after crash at busy roundabout
- Robber jailed after targeting 11-year-old schoolgirl for iPod
- REVEALED: 7-floor multi-storey car park plan for retail park