A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has been taken to hospital after being hit by a van.
The boy is thought to have been left with a broken leg and a head injury, but police said his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The crash happened in Bolton Road, Westhoughton, at 8.35am today.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The driver of the white Citroen Belingo van stopped at the scene after the accident.
No arrests have been made.
- UPDATE: Seen a lot of police in the town centre this morning? This is why
- VIDEO/UPDATE: Knife held to woman's throat during attempted rape
- UPDATE 5.55pm: Man who fell through roof during break-in attempt is in a coma
- 'Suspicious' - Arson fears after crews battle THREE grassland fires in 1 night
- 5 arrests after flare causes '£2,000 worth of damage to bus' following Wanderers match