A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has been taken to hospital after being hit by a van.
The boy is thought to have been left with a broken leg and a head injury, but police said his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The crash happened in Bolton Road, Westhoughton, at 8.35am today.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The driver of the white Citroen Belingo van stopped at the scene after the accident.
No arrests have been made.
- UPDATED: Driver suffers serious injuries in high-speed crash
- More than 1,200 names on student nurse's "save the NHS" petition
- Reporter has a ball while trying out wheelchair sport
- Tributes paid to former Horwich town mayor who has died
- Mum's terror as baby is born 3 months early while on holiday in Spain