A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has been taken to hospital after being hit by a van.
The boy is thought to have been left with a broken leg and a head injury, but police said his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The crash happened in Bolton Road, Westhoughton, at 8.35am today.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The driver of the white Citroen Belingo van stopped at the scene after the accident.
No arrests have been made.
- GCSE results day 2016 in Bolton
- Concerns grow for missing 16-year-old girl
- Iconic jewellery store to close after nearly 150 years in Bolton
- Greater Manchester Police fails to record more than 38,000 crimes each year — including violent and sexual offences
- Warning after man 'followed and chased' teenage girls in Bolton