A MAN was held hostage in his own living room while robbers ransacked his home searching for valuables.
The robbery took place at a house in Links Road, Harwood, after the three men stormed into the property through an unlocked side door. One man held the terrified resident in the living room while the other two searched the house.
The gang stole what police said was "a significant amount" of cash before fleeing.
The raid took place on Tuesday between 6.30pm and 6.50pm. The victim was not injured.
One of the men was white, about 6ft tall, wore dark clothes and had his hood up, and had a blue scarf covering his face.
He is thought to be aged between 20 and 22 and spoke with a local accent.
The two other men were also wearing dark clothes. One had a dark zip-up hoody with a thick red band across the chest.
Det Insp Charlotte Cadden, from Bolton North Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This was a terrifying robbery which took place in the early evening.
“One of the offenders was wearing a very distinctive hoody with a thick red band across it.
“I would urge people to think back to Tuesday and recall if they saw anybody acting suspiciously in the area or anyone matching the descriptions of the offenders.
- So many questions as the dust settles — Bolton businesses react to Brexit vote
- REVEALED: What's happening and when during construction of £10 million Horwich Leisure Centre
- Appeal for information on road accident that killed Westhoughton community stalwart
- Alleged machete raids in Bury and Radcliffe: Deane man is fifth suspect charged
- Parents disgusted after thief steals gazebo and children's gardening tools from nursery
“Anyone with information should contact the police or Crimestoppers, anonymously.
“I would like to remind people to keep doors secured even if you are in your house at the time to improve your personal safety.”
People can call Astley Bridge police station on 0161 8565761, quoting the crime reference number 7032G/14 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.