A ROBBER threatened terrified staff at a Bolton hair salon with a knife before stealing cash from the till.
A man, thought to be in his mid-twenties, entered the Talking Heads salon in Deane Church Lane, Deane, and produced a knife at about 3pm on Thursday.
He waved the weapon at the three female members of staff and demanded money, eventually taking the day's takings from the till.
Manager Shelley Whelan said: "It was a very scary thing to happen but you have to get on with things. We can't close up, we have to keep going.
"He came in waving the knife around and demanding cash. It's not nice when all the money you have been working for is taken."
The man was white and about 6ft tall.
- GALLERY: Hundreds of bikers say goodbye at funeral of late motorcycle ace Malachi Mitchell-Thomas
- PICTURES: Convertible driver 'could have been crushed' by out of control car that rode up bonnet and was launched into air
- 'I feel betrayed' - Elderly woman's sadness after carer steals and pawns engagement ring for £25
- Bolton place name makes list of UK's funniest - Can you guess where it is?
- New adventure play area and 18-hole crazy golf course taking shape at Market Place Shopping Centre