A ROBBER threatened terrified staff at a Bolton hair salon with a knife before stealing cash from the till.
A man, thought to be in his mid-twenties, entered the Talking Heads salon in Deane Church Lane, Deane, and produced a knife at about 3pm on Thursday.
He waved the weapon at the three female members of staff and demanded money, eventually taking the day's takings from the till.
Manager Shelley Whelan said: "It was a very scary thing to happen but you have to get on with things. We can't close up, we have to keep going.
"He came in waving the knife around and demanding cash. It's not nice when all the money you have been working for is taken."
The man was white and about 6ft tall.
- Bolton nightclub worker brings X-Factor judges to tears with heartbreaking song about late brother
- PICTURES: Thousands head to Bolton for second day of Food and Drink Festival
- Masterchef star John Torode urges everone to come along to day 2 of the Bolton Food and Drink Festival
- FULL LIST: Westhoughton roads to be turned into 20mph zones
- Parents' plea to save children’s centres