A ROBBER threatened terrified staff at a Bolton hair salon with a knife before stealing cash from the till.
A man, thought to be in his mid-twenties, entered the Talking Heads salon in Deane Church Lane, Deane, and produced a knife at about 3pm on Thursday.
He waved the weapon at the three female members of staff and demanded money, eventually taking the day's takings from the till.
Manager Shelley Whelan said: "It was a very scary thing to happen but you have to get on with things. We can't close up, we have to keep going.
"He came in waving the knife around and demanding cash. It's not nice when all the money you have been working for is taken."
The man was white and about 6ft tall.
- The Taliban are 'disgusting' and have 'no brains', says Amir Khan
- Woman pushed 76-year-old - causing her to fall down stairs
- Nightclub fire meant people were well behaved on Mad Friday, say police
- The show must go on: New dames step in replace tragic Bolton panto star who died suddenly
- Fire started in kitchen of scout hut