Two prolific beggars banned from Bolton town centre in police crackdown

Two prolific beggars banned from Bolton town centre in police crackdown

A town centre poster urging people not to give cash to beggars

Joseph Kaicalo

Paul Tong

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , crime reporter

A CRACKDOWN on beggars is reaping rewards after two prolific criminals were banned from the town centre.

Insp Andy Sidebotham, from Bolton Central Neighbourhood Policing Team, increased policing in the town centre last year — particularly around Newport Street — to reduce the amount of crime and anti-social behaviour.

He made a plea to the public not to give beggars money and to alert police if asked for money.

Since his plea the area has seen a number of repeat offenders brought before the courts including beggars Paul Tong, aged 42, of Bromwich Street, The Haulgh, and Joseph Kaicalo, aged 51, of Rostherne Gardens, Deane, who have both been given anti-social behaviour orders banning them from entering certain areas of the town centre for two years.

If the men are caught returning to those areas, they will end up back in court and could face community service or prison.

Insp Sidebotham said: “Taking a robust stance against beggars in Bolton town centre, particularly around Newport Street, is starting to pay off as the message is getting across that begging is not welcome in the town.

“Giving money to beggars is not helpful as it can be used to fund alcohol or drug dependency. It is positive to hear people feel safer and less intimidated following our work.”

He said officers had worked with businesses encouraging them to display posters asking the public not to give money to beggars.

Insp Sidebotham added: “Many businesses have now put posters up requesting members of the public do not give them money but instead give money to charities that support them to move away from begging.

“Some beggars have taken up this support, others have left Bolton. The rest we have prosecuted. I have had all of my PCSOs trained in relation to summoning beggars as opposed to simply moving them on.”

Five men have been summoned to court — some of them for being caught begging up to six times. The clear-up comes as Bolton Council prepares to transform Newport Street as part of a £1 million revamp to turn it into a “European-style boulevard”.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:27am Sun 19 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

great but can you please catch the armed robbers that are making you a laughing stock and putting the public at risk

thanks
great but can you please catch the armed robbers that are making you a laughing stock and putting the public at risk thanks getajob123
  • Score: 65

6:53am Sun 19 Jan 14

oftbewildered2 says...

I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men.
I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men. oftbewildered2
  • Score: 25

7:00am Sun 19 Jan 14

crazyoldme says...

Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester.

Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it.
Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester. Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it. crazyoldme
  • Score: 57

8:22am Sun 19 Jan 14

The Running Man says...

Nice to see that the PCSOs are going to be summoning the beggars to court.
Nice to see that the PCSOs are going to be summoning the beggars to court. The Running Man
  • Score: 9

8:29am Sun 19 Jan 14

getajob123 says...

rounding up beggars is a old roman trick, to put a false sense of secuirty into the citizens and make things look rosy when they are not.......
rounding up beggars is a old roman trick, to put a false sense of secuirty into the citizens and make things look rosy when they are not....... getajob123
  • Score: 35

9:31am Sun 19 Jan 14

bleedingobvious says...

Joseph cacailo has made racist remarks to the public in the past,I know, I've heard him.Also he is a serial asbo breaker and is a truly nauseating pain in the bum.Also when are Morrison's getting rid of the omnipresent scrounge they seem to have as a mascot sat at their revolving doors,mithering people as they shop with hard earned pay.He is a mouthy little creep.
Joseph cacailo has made racist remarks to the public in the past,I know, I've heard him.Also he is a serial asbo breaker and is a truly nauseating pain in the bum.Also when are Morrison's getting rid of the omnipresent scrounge they seem to have as a mascot sat at their revolving doors,mithering people as they shop with hard earned pay.He is a mouthy little creep. bleedingobvious
  • Score: 29

9:48am Sun 19 Jan 14

Wolfie190 says...

We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals. Wolfie190
  • Score: 46

10:03am Sun 19 Jan 14

Citizen Cane says...

Why would anyone give to a beggar when they are well provided through the legalised begging of taxation and benefits? Why do you think that virtually everything is taxed?
Why would anyone give to a beggar when they are well provided through the legalised begging of taxation and benefits? Why do you think that virtually everything is taxed? Citizen Cane
  • Score: 9

10:47am Sun 19 Jan 14

MarkAllRead says...

I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car.
I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car. MarkAllRead
  • Score: 60

11:19am Sun 19 Jan 14

SleepingThunder says...

oftbewildered2 wrote:
I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men.
Well thats a whole different problem..lol
[quote][p][bold]oftbewildered2[/bold] wrote: I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men.[/p][/quote]Well thats a whole different problem..lol SleepingThunder
  • Score: 24

12:04pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Beyond News Forum says...

crazyoldme wrote:
Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester.

Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it.
The last time I saw Eddie he never asked for anything, instead said he was getting his head together for his 'daughter'.

I have to admit this was extremely unusual behavior - I noted his terrible limp and wondered if he had been knee capped at some point.
[quote][p][bold]crazyoldme[/bold] wrote: Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester. Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it.[/p][/quote]The last time I saw Eddie he never asked for anything, instead said he was getting his head together for his 'daughter'. I have to admit this was extremely unusual behavior - I noted his terrible limp and wondered if he had been knee capped at some point. Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 10

12:06pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Beyond News Forum says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car.
I also question a £7.00 per hour wage rate, commissions all the while taking £5.00 per month from someones bank account - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out.
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car.[/p][/quote]I also question a £7.00 per hour wage rate, commissions all the while taking £5.00 per month from someones bank account - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out. Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 19

12:07pm Sun 19 Jan 14

myfanwy7 says...

Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
And your evidence for this is what exactly?
[quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly? myfanwy7
  • Score: -22

1:28pm Sun 19 Jan 14

oftbewildered2 says...

SleepingThunder wrote:
oftbewildered2 wrote:
I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men.
Well thats a whole different problem..lol
not at my age dearie
[quote][p][bold]SleepingThunder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oftbewildered2[/bold] wrote: I have been approached directly outside the railway station on three occasions. Three different men.[/p][/quote]Well thats a whole different problem..lol[/p][/quote]not at my age dearie oftbewildered2
  • Score: 19

1:30pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Wolfie190 says...

myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
And your evidence for this is what exactly?
Open your eyes.
[quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]Open your eyes. Wolfie190
  • Score: 31

2:03pm Sun 19 Jan 14

wsw69 says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car.
It's all about making 'the figures' look good. If the nation was run anything like equal to all, and correctly, then there shouldn't be a need for anyone to be out begging. As usual, the good old class system f * * ks over most hard working normal day to day people.

I don't blame the police I blame the system. Absolutely everything today revolves around figure chasing, and with 100% bull5h*t propaganda being pushed down Joe & Joan Publics throat to lull them into a false sense of something is happening, it's just pure political b 0 L l o x.

To MarkAllRead, I agree with your comment on charities. The ONLY charity I give to is the North West Air Ambulance. I'm sick and tired of those 'chuggers' (charity muggers) in Bolton. When I'm approached and decline I'm looked at as if I'm heartless. They are far worse than those who are mentioned in this article.

I will distribute my self-employed hard earned how I want to.

As usual, easy targets to achieve nice rosy figures and get a pat on the back.
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: I see that sign says "don't fund the habit, fund the charities". The thing is most people these days know that charity is big business and the people at the top of these charities are on a **** good wage. At least if I give money direct to beggar, I know he gets 100% of it and that 50% of it doesn't go towards buying some director a new car.[/p][/quote]It's all about making 'the figures' look good. If the nation was run anything like equal to all, and correctly, then there shouldn't be a need for anyone to be out begging. As usual, the good old class system f * * ks over most hard working normal day to day people. I don't blame the police I blame the system. Absolutely everything today revolves around figure chasing, and with 100% bull5h*t propaganda being pushed down Joe & Joan Publics throat to lull them into a false sense of something is happening, it's just pure political b 0 L l o x. To MarkAllRead, I agree with your comment on charities. The ONLY charity I give to is the North West Air Ambulance. I'm sick and tired of those 'chuggers' (charity muggers) in Bolton. When I'm approached and decline I'm looked at as if I'm heartless. They are far worse than those who are mentioned in this article. I will distribute my self-employed hard earned how I want to. As usual, easy targets to achieve nice rosy figures and get a pat on the back. wsw69
  • Score: 37

3:05pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Neil Patrick Wild says...

A difficult problem, I´m a Bolton lad teaching English in Spain and here there are countless beggars in the city centres, which has increased due to the recession ( 1 in 4 adults are unemployed ) It is upsetting seeing homeless people at the rock bottom of their lives. Giving money can be unbenefical because it funds some peoples drugs or alcohol dependancy and they expect it once you have given. My advice would be making a sandwich and giving them a soft drink with it. Quite a few Spanish schools do that. It is a cruel world!
A difficult problem, I´m a Bolton lad teaching English in Spain and here there are countless beggars in the city centres, which has increased due to the recession ( 1 in 4 adults are unemployed ) It is upsetting seeing homeless people at the rock bottom of their lives. Giving money can be unbenefical because it funds some peoples drugs or alcohol dependancy and they expect it once you have given. My advice would be making a sandwich and giving them a soft drink with it. Quite a few Spanish schools do that. It is a cruel world! Neil Patrick Wild
  • Score: 15

5:11pm Sun 19 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

Wolfie190 wrote:
myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
And your evidence for this is what exactly?
Open your eyes.
OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "may" look like?

As all I see are homeless people, or people who have not washed or showered begging for money (especially the same guy outside Bolton station!) I cannot tell if they are English or not as they do not speak and just sit there begging with a board
[quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]Open your eyes.[/p][/quote]OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "may" look like? As all I see are homeless people, or people who have not washed or showered begging for money (especially the same guy outside Bolton station!) I cannot tell if they are English or not as they do not speak and just sit there begging with a board BWFC71
  • Score: -20

5:12pm Sun 19 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

Neil Patrick Wild wrote:
A difficult problem, I´m a Bolton lad teaching English in Spain and here there are countless beggars in the city centres, which has increased due to the recession ( 1 in 4 adults are unemployed ) It is upsetting seeing homeless people at the rock bottom of their lives. Giving money can be unbenefical because it funds some peoples drugs or alcohol dependancy and they expect it once you have given. My advice would be making a sandwich and giving them a soft drink with it. Quite a few Spanish schools do that. It is a cruel world!
Well said, Neil :-)
[quote][p][bold]Neil Patrick Wild[/bold] wrote: A difficult problem, I´m a Bolton lad teaching English in Spain and here there are countless beggars in the city centres, which has increased due to the recession ( 1 in 4 adults are unemployed ) It is upsetting seeing homeless people at the rock bottom of their lives. Giving money can be unbenefical because it funds some peoples drugs or alcohol dependancy and they expect it once you have given. My advice would be making a sandwich and giving them a soft drink with it. Quite a few Spanish schools do that. It is a cruel world![/p][/quote]Well said, Neil :-) BWFC71
  • Score: 11

9:29pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Wolfie190 says...

BWFC71 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
And your evidence for this is what exactly?
Open your eyes.
OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "may" look like?

As all I see are homeless people, or people who have not washed or showered begging for money (especially the same guy outside Bolton station!) I cannot tell if they are English or not as they do not speak and just sit there begging with a board
Give over with your trolling you've been totally discredited on here!
[quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]Open your eyes.[/p][/quote]OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "may" look like? As all I see are homeless people, or people who have not washed or showered begging for money (especially the same guy outside Bolton station!) I cannot tell if they are English or not as they do not speak and just sit there begging with a board[/p][/quote]Give over with your trolling you've been totally discredited on here! Wolfie190
  • Score: 2

9:52pm Sun 19 Jan 14

BWFC71 says...

Wolfie190 wrote:
BWFC71 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.And your evidence for this is what exactly?Open your eyes.OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "mayYou have, that's why you cannot respond with a sensible answer!

Ever ill that Bolton has YOU blame on immigrants without a sniff of evidence.

Hoe pitiful is that - considering your ancestors were either Italian or French or even Scandinavian!!!!

So where is YOUR evidence to prove that these beggars are of Romany descent - considering the , so far, in the paper are actually white British!!!! It s not just me asking but others on this thread have asked for proof and you cannot give any - that's the fact! So it seems to me that you have been discredited more than anyone else!
[quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]Open your eyes.[/p][/quote]OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "mayYou have, that's why you cannot respond with a sensible answer! Ever ill that Bolton has YOU blame on immigrants without a sniff of evidence. Hoe pitiful is that - considering your ancestors were either Italian or French or even Scandinavian!!!! So where is YOUR evidence to prove that these beggars are of Romany descent - considering the , so far, in the paper are actually white British!!!! It s not just me asking but others on this thread have asked for proof and you cannot give any - that's the fact! So it seems to me that you have been discredited more than anyone else! BWFC71
  • Score: -9

7:05am Mon 20 Jan 14

trhippy says...

crazyoldme wrote:
Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester.

Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it.
Eddie was not a beggar, he was prosecuted for mugging my friend at knifepoint
[quote][p][bold]crazyoldme[/bold] wrote: Sure Joe is a pain at times, but he's harmless. I've been confronted by a lot worse beggars in Bolton, for example, Eddie with the dreadlocks. Now Eddie was a pest demanding money, and if you said no and nobody was around, would pull out his pocket knife. Could be very intimidating if you didn't know how to handle him. Not seen him for a few years, but its very rare I shop in Bolton now, I'd rather go to Manchester. Also last time I shopped in Bolton town center I noticed there wasn't any police patrolling. It's alright having signs on shop windows saying Beware of Thieves, but if an OAP was to have her bag nicked, who's gonna stop them? People need that reassurance, and they're not getting it.[/p][/quote]Eddie was not a beggar, he was prosecuted for mugging my friend at knifepoint trhippy
  • Score: 9

9:36am Mon 20 Jan 14

Regulatory Man says...

Beggars belief (Pun intended) that they think these habitual opportunists will adhere to their Asbos. Think about it, if they even dare to break them they face jail or more likely community service where they can legitimately target people as they presumably go round town sweeping up litter of those they tried to beg from in the first place.

What the hell is going on here.

Deterrents only work when the person facing it is frightened to death of stepping out of line, not encouraged with a comfy jail cell, food and recreational opportunities they can't get on the streets or in their hostel.

Wake up for christ sake.
Beggars belief (Pun intended) that they think these habitual opportunists will adhere to their Asbos. Think about it, if they even dare to break them they face jail or more likely community service where they can legitimately target people as they presumably go round town sweeping up litter of those they tried to beg from in the first place. What the hell is going on here. Deterrents only work when the person facing it is frightened to death of stepping out of line, not encouraged with a comfy jail cell, food and recreational opportunities they can't get on the streets or in their hostel. Wake up for christ sake. Regulatory Man
  • Score: -3

9:39am Mon 20 Jan 14

Wolfie190 says...

BWFC71 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
BWFC71 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.And your evidence for this is what exactly?Open your eyes.OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "mayYou have, that's why you cannot respond with a sensible answer!

Ever ill that Bolton has YOU blame on immigrants without a sniff of evidence.

Hoe pitiful is that - considering your ancestors were either Italian or French or even Scandinavian!!!!

So where is YOUR evidence to prove that these beggars are of Romany descent - considering the , so far, in the paper are actually white British!!!! It s not just me asking but others on this thread have asked for proof and you cannot give any - that's the fact! So it seems to me that you have been discredited more than anyone else!Pickpocketing problem you idiot not begging though they do beg all over the country and try and pick your pockets at the same time.
[quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]Open your eyes.[/p][/quote]OK what do you consider a person of Romany descent to look like -or are you just basing it on propaganda press who give a general description of what they "mayYou have, that's why you cannot respond with a sensible answer! Ever ill that Bolton has YOU blame on immigrants without a sniff of evidence. Hoe pitiful is that - considering your ancestors were either Italian or French or even Scandinavian!!!! So where is YOUR evidence to prove that these beggars are of Romany descent - considering the , so far, in the paper are actually white British!!!! It s not just me asking but others on this thread have asked for proof and you cannot give any - that's the fact! So it seems to me that you have been discredited more than anyone else![/p][/quote]Pickpocketing problem you idiot not begging though they do beg all over the country and try and pick your pockets at the same time. Wolfie190
  • Score: -3

10:55am Mon 20 Jan 14

Ant111 says...

I find the 'Chuggers' (charity muggers) worse than beggars. Every week I get mithered and when you say no you get a look of disgust.
This really winds me up! I'll give to charity but not when it's chasing me round the streets.
I find the 'Chuggers' (charity muggers) worse than beggars. Every week I get mithered and when you say no you get a look of disgust. This really winds me up! I'll give to charity but not when it's chasing me round the streets. Ant111
  • Score: 14

11:04am Mon 20 Jan 14

Jim271 says...

ASBOs do not work.

One bloke who goes from pub to pub selling knock off phones and jewellery has a 50 year ASBO
ASBOs do not work. One bloke who goes from pub to pub selling knock off phones and jewellery has a 50 year ASBO Jim271
  • Score: 5

12:34pm Mon 20 Jan 14

Darren1951 says...

The daughter of two friends of mine spent 4 years studying in York, where she was regularly pestered by people asking for money ..."for a cup of tea....", or similar. She never gave them any money but, instead, would offer to accompany them to a nearby cafe and buy them the said drink. From what I recall, her offers were never accepted.
The daughter of two friends of mine spent 4 years studying in York, where she was regularly pestered by people asking for money ..."for a cup of tea....", or similar. She never gave them any money but, instead, would offer to accompany them to a nearby cafe and buy them the said drink. From what I recall, her offers were never accepted. Darren1951
  • Score: 8

2:21pm Mon 20 Jan 14

goldie47 says...

about time something is being done about beggars....and whilst they are on a mission the police should do something about the number of cyclists in the pedestrian areas of town
about time something is being done about beggars....and whilst they are on a mission the police should do something about the number of cyclists in the pedestrian areas of town goldie47
  • Score: 6

6:45pm Mon 20 Jan 14

bleedingobvious says...

Why is Joseph Kacailo the size of a fully grown Rhinockerpig if he is begging? And why does he have a nice council flat paid for by the working taxpayer off Deane Church Lane and still begging when he must be saying he is looking for work? And why has he got away with these pantomime antics for 20 year that I remember? Is the why he is fond of dressing like a clown? Is he Britain's biggest Urine Extraction unit?
Why is Joseph Kacailo the size of a fully grown Rhinockerpig if he is begging? And why does he have a nice council flat paid for by the working taxpayer off Deane Church Lane and still begging when he must be saying he is looking for work? And why has he got away with these pantomime antics for 20 year that I remember? Is the why he is fond of dressing like a clown? Is he Britain's biggest Urine Extraction unit? bleedingobvious
  • Score: 5

9:47pm Mon 20 Jan 14

Lancashire always says...

myfanwy7 wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.
And your evidence for this is what exactly?
It was probably in his pocket but well .........:(
[quote][p][bold]myfanwy7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: We have a Roma gypsy pickpocketing problem in Bolton but no surprises the police are staying well clear of this special ethnic minority status group of professional criminals.[/p][/quote]And your evidence for this is what exactly?[/p][/quote]It was probably in his pocket but well .........:( Lancashire always
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Tue 21 Jan 14

Jim271 says...

I am surprised Channel Four haven't made a documentary about them yet!!
I am surprised Channel Four haven't made a documentary about them yet!! Jim271
  • Score: 4

9:11am Sun 26 Jan 14

Rivington_Pike says...

Well done, now get on with eradicating the bigger problem in the town centre. The Charity Chuggers!
Well done, now get on with eradicating the bigger problem in the town centre. The Charity Chuggers! Rivington_Pike
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree