Dog on the run causes three-car motorway crash on M61
A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Special school blighted by 'drug-using yobs who vandalise, urinate and climb on building'
- Two litters of micropigs born at Edgworth farm
- UPDATED: Driver burned as car catches fire in Sainsbury's car park
- Former Wanderers star furious over tweet celebrating his wife's death
- Bolton Council accused of having "hidden agenda" in preferring application for Horwich Loco Works site
Comments are closed on this article.