A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Come On You Whites! Wanderers prepare for biggest game in recent history
- GMP insists it takes crime reports 'incredibly seriously' after burglary victim slams force's response time
- Fans choose their Wanderers player of the season
- Gaming fans to descend on new cafe for International Table Top Day
- Belters choir boosted by £1,800 grant and looking for new members