A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Woman's anger as ex-lover walks free from court over semi-naked photograph he took while she slept
- Bolton one of the luckiest places in the country to do the lottery — and that's official
- Greenhalghs boss in discussions to star in his own TV show after memorable This Morning appearance
- Bolton fan pledges to get rival club football tattoo if fundraising target is hit
- Extra places to be created at a primary school after 'record demand'